• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

8800 gtx sli, not working with multiple display!!!

Soldato
explain please how i fix such a problem.

got a tv, using the circular connection (dont know what its called) can run it as my default, and my crt as default, but not both in unison :S

anyone heard of this?

ags

p.s. cant run it as a extended desktop either

sid

sid

Soldato
agnes said:
kinda working.... but i now have a problem where the TV has that scroll thing to see, wont fit to screen. how do i get rid of it?

ags

Sounds like a Overscan problem.

trying messing around in the control panel for the graphics card. thers should be options avaliable for the tv ouput.

BTW how come you have a 8800 gtx sli but no hdtv? doesn't make sense to me.

sid

Soldato
sid said:
Many ppl prefer CRT for colours, etc but surely HDTVs for TV viewing is the way forward?

sid

HDTVs are bloody awful... 1366x768 iirc, I had a 32" Bravia last year and the quality was appauling, way below a crt TV.

Don't get me wrong I'm no CRT lover, I have a 2407 for my pc but a CRT for my telly.

I suppose a 1080p TV might be better but I'm still far from convinced, I used to work for sony and the whole talk there was about refresh rates and response times. The LCDs just couldn't cut it.

sid

sid

Soldato
matt100 said:
HDTVs are bloody awful... 1366x768 iirc, I had a 32" Bravia last year and the quality was appauling, way below a crt TV.

Don't get me wrong I'm no CRT lover, I have a 2407 for my pc but a CRT for my telly.

I suppose a 1080p TV might be better but I'm still far from convinced, I used to work for sony and the whole talk there was about refresh rates and response times. The LCDs just couldn't cut it.

CRTs were good for their size but large CRT screens are physcially impractical, the same goes for desktop use, hence we must compromise somewhere in the meanwhile.

sid

Soldato
sid said:
CRTs were good for their size but large CRT screens are physcially impractical, the same goes for desktop use, hence we must compromise somewhere in the meanwhile.

sid

totally agree but for watching TV I'd rather do it on a standard high res tft than a HDTV.

The res is just rubbish.

Soldato
OP
anyway, has anyone got a fiz to get the clone view to fit to size on my very old bog stndard tv? its nothing special, and i love my crt for warmthness and colour, its brilliant.

ags

Soldato
sid said:

sid

32 inch slim 1920x1080 CRT by Samsung? ;)

That's a good compromise if you ask me.

Soldato
agnes said:
anyway, has anyone got a fiz to get the clone view to fit to size on my very old bog stndard tv? its nothing special, and i love my crt for warmthness and colour, its brilliant.

ags

If you are cloning the display , which it seems you are, then you are trying to view a 2048x1536 sized picture through a 800x600 ( or something similarly small) sized hole.

Set them up as independant displays not the piddly little TV trying to clone the massive monitor image.

EDIT - if you don't want to do that the other option is to run your CRT at 800x600

Back
Top Bottom