• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

x2 3800+ dual core optimisers and drivers questions

Soldato
Moving from 3500+ to x2 3800+ i should be ok with not having to reinstall windows etc. But bit confused what windows and amd drivers i need (links plz) and when i should install em, before or after etc?

Can someone help with letting me know what i need so im optimised with dual core etc and the procedure when swaping cpu over as in when to install or disable drivers etc.

Thanks.

Go HERE and download the Dual Core Processor driver and the Dual Core Optimizer.

When you put the new cpu in, assuming your using XP, it will automatically find the extra core and change the Hal, then ask for a reboot.

Once thats done, install Dual Core Processor driver. Reboot.

Install Dual Core Optimizer. Reboot.

Job done. :)

Doing the same later today, but with a X2 4200+, and have just one question. Before I open the case and drop the new dual-core in will I have to uninstall the current AMD processor driver for my current A64 3200+?

Cool, guess it doesn't really matter when the relevant drivers are installed then Before or after installation, just as long as the CPU is in there.

I found the optimizer made Windows slower. Just install the AMD driver. I would uninstall and reinstall AMD CPU driver, as it might add that mptimer thing in config.

Im having problems in bf2.
It plays normally, but every 30secs the screen goes black very quickly and it locked up one time.
I only have the dual core optimiser installed not the driver?

Omg i cant even play bf2 anymore. :mad:

Ive been looking around the net and it looks like that if you have this combination of hardware.
3800+ X2
ASUS A8N-SLI
nvidia 6600
Bf2 just crashes mysteriously.

This sucks so much bf2 is the only game that is any decent. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I fixed it im happy as a ...... well i dont know but i lowered the multi to 9 turned up the htt to 290 so ive got a 2.6ghz overclock. Bf2 is werid not liking the 10 multi.

Edit nope it now crashes every 3 minutes instead of as soon as i enter a server. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Last edited:
Ive been searching around and theres so many different fixes. Some say its the onboard audio, others say that putting the memory in single channel fix it, others say its the nf4 drivers, others say slowing down the ram. Oh well ill be trying all of these steps for a few hours today yey. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom