The all new Xbox Live Gamertag Site including leaderboard, gamertag db, stats & more!

Soldato
Hi everyone!

Continuing on from the old thread (http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17671473) I have spent quite a while creating a new program to gather data on gamers and have put it together in a new site: OcUKGT:

http://ocukgt.sidtheturtle.co.uk

Features
  • Everything from the old web page.
  • Easier to read leaderboard.
  • Gamer profile pages including graphs of score over time and games played.
  • Game pages including graphs of game popularity and game recommendations. For example you can see a graph that shows as the popularity of COD4 increases, the popularity of Halo 3 decreases (I'm looking at you FPS whores :p).
  • Gamer pic wall.
  • Interesting statistics.
Note: I wanted to add a lot more but it is taking a lot of time to program. More features will be added as and when I can put them together.

If you have an idea for a feature please post in this thread.

Limitations
  • All of the data from the site is limited to information I can gather from your gamercard (e.g. http://gamercard.xbox.com/sid the turtle.card). This means that I cannot track what achievements you have. This is a big priority of mine but time limitations mean this may not get added before March 2008 at the earliest.
  • I do not have access to the Xbox Live API. This means I can only track what can be 'seen' publicly. Therefore I cannot track games that have not been played or gamer pics that have not been used.
  • The site is updated once per day when I run my software. I cannot run it more often because I am not always home.
  • I spent far more time in c# coding the tool that gathers the information than I did on the website. So it may look a little funky in IE or the page structure may collapse. If it does let me know.

Joining/leaving the site

The site lists all of the gamers that signed up in the old thread. If you wish to join the database or be removed from it post in this thread.
If you request to be added you will magically appear once I have run the evening update.
There are several gamers who appear to have a score of 0. This is because their gamertag has either changed or has been deleted. If this is you let me know what it has changed to so that you can be tracked again.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
To Do
  • Add backend functionality to grab information on achievements from http://live.xbox.com/member/membername.
  • Add additional statistics gathering (partially reliant on webhost upgrading MySQL version).
  • Add more advanced game recommendations to gamer pages.
  • Add user logons to update details or add custom info.
  • Clean up PHP/HTML source formatting.
  • Clean up CSS.
  • Make site HTML standards compliant.
  • Grab data more frequently than once per day. This is reliant on finding equipment that is running 24/7 and updating the code to handle those occasions when Xbox Live is borked.
  • Add a search facility to the gamer page to search for a gamer rather than redirecting the user to the leaderboard.

Feature Requests
  • Could you add the ability for users to add themselves? Saves you manually doing it?

Completed Feature Requests
  • Would it be possible to search which players are playing what games? For instance I would like to see who has GH3 or Rock Band. (Added in version 2.0.2)

Bugs/Glitches
  • CSS that styles the pages is far from perfect, especially in Internet Explorer.
  • Games with a '&' symbol in their name do not display correct in graphs, a work around to this was to replace '&' with 'and'. See Kane & Lynch for an example.
  • Games with colons (':') in their name break the graph software, a work around to this was to remove colons in graphs. See F4:ROTSS for an example.
  • Gamer pages for gamers that have disappeared (e.g. no data could be found for them the last time it was searched for, commonly caused by a change in gamertag name or a deleted tag) does not work gracefully.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom