• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

How much of an ungrateful barsteward should I be?

Soldato
I had a nice SLi system - 2 BFG 8800GTX H2OCs on a hacked X58 motherboard and the whole thing was water cooled - chipset, CPU and GPUs (obviously).

Anyway - one of the 8800GTXs stopped working sometimes and I RMA'd it back to BFG and they very (VERY) kindly sent me a GTX 280 H2OC as a replacement.

So the question is - it's actually slower with a single GTX 280 than the two 8800GTX's in SLi - should I complain to BFG as they promised me an 8800GTX H2OC replacement and then sent me a significantly better single GPU card?

Soldato
I had a nice SLi system - 2 BFG 8800GTX H2OCs on a hacked X58 motherboard and the whole thing was water cooled - chipset, CPU and GPUs (obviously).

Anyway - one of the 8800GTXs stopped working sometimes and I RMA'd it back to BFG and they very (VERY) kindly sent me a GTX 280 H2OC as a replacement.

So the question is - it's actually slower with a single GTX 280 than the two 8800GTX's in SLi - should I complain to BFG as they promised me an 8800GTX H2OC replacement and then sent me a significantly better single GPU card?

You had a 8800GTX and you got a 280 in return and you want to complain?

I am sure that someone out there would happily swap their 8800GTX for your 280 lol

I think you are being a little ungrateful. I think you got a fantastic deal there.

Associate
Seems like good service and i think you'd be daft to complain in anyway. As others have said sell the 280 and buy another 8800 if your that unhappy with it.

Soldato
Your entire PC being slower is irrelevant, and your issue alone. BFG's brief was to replace a single card which they have done - in spades, by giving you a GTX 280 H20C in place of an 8800GTX H20C. If you choose to run it in SLI thats an issue for you not BFG who aren't obligated to provide you with SLI.

I'm surprised at you Walter, as you are usually one of the more rational posters on these boards. But this thread is just plain daft.

Soldato
OP
Now Mike, do please read the first post. It does say that BFG have done me an enormous favour, and I would hope thread title is clearly indicating that I'm not unhappy with BFG, I'm just being an ungrateful barsteward in that I'm going to have to spend more money to balance up my 'second' system. And given that my primary rig already has 3 water-cooled BFG GTX280's in it (one of which was yours), I don't really see the point.

Back
Top Bottom