***Official Halo:ODST Thread***

Soldato
Firefight gamertag thread

A new vidoc out on bungie ; http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&link=Halo3ODST_DesperateMeasures
Good morning. You seem to be up pretty late by our clock - it's past midnight. What's the matter, can't sleep? Yeah, us neither.

Since you're already here, might as well settle in, make yourself comfortable, and fire up our latest Halo 3: ODST ViDoc. It's takes a good look at Sgt. Buck and his squad of battle-hardened ODSTs. The very same squad you'll be dropping into New Mombasa with, so you should spend some time and get cozy with this crew. Of course, if you're in a time zone where the sun is already up, or you're simply stumbling in late having slept away the wee hours of the morning, you're still quite welcome to have a watch.

Now you might recognize a familiar voice or two in the footage, but you definitely won't recognize some of the locales - many of the spaces showcased in this ViDoc have never been seen before by any public eyes. But you've been checked out and clearance has been granted. All set?

Let's drop in.

"Gunnery Sergeant Eddie Buck has witnessed more war than any Marine should. He fought alongside Cole at Harvest—somehow managed to make it off of Reach alive. The fact that Buck is still on his feet says more about his mettle than his military dossier ever could. Now the Covenant have found Earth. Devastated her defenses. Anyone who could have stopped the invasion is dead or gone. But Buck and his squad of Orbital Drop Shock Troopers aren't going to let Earth fall without a fight. These ODSTs may be headed feet first into hell, but they’re going to make damn sure it’s crowded with Covenant when they get there."

Halo 3: ODST ViDoc "Desperate Measures"

All downloads hosted by Microsoft.

If you're looking to queue this up to your Xbox 360, Marketplace will have it ready in High Definition for you, ETA 2:00AM PST.

This game looks awesome. Can't wait to play some co-op campaign and 4 player firefight.

Edit 26/8:

Another new vidoc is up : Bip.Bap.Bam http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&link=ViDoc_WelcomeToFirefight
After dropping the last ViDoc “Desperate Measures” into the mix we quickly made mention that we were fast at work on another one. We also noted that you would be quite familiar with the star of this second ODST show. Some guessed that Dare was gonna make an appearance; others assumed that Buck had more to say about his squad. Those people were all so totally wrong.

Can’t really blame ‘em though. We didn’t provide much context. Until now:

“Sergeant Johnson has been in more life or death situations than you've had hot meals. He’s survived planetary invasions, Flood outbreaks, and kicked a galaxy of Covenant backside. Now you get to walk a mile in his boots in ODST’s new cooperative game mode: Firefight. Ten hellish missions. Grim, game-altering skulls. Surviving the Covenant onslaught won't be easy, but pre-order your copy of ODST now and unlock Sgt. Johnson for use in Firefight! Download Bungie’s latest ViDoc and let his inspirational words, jaunty hat, and inextinguishable cigar motivate you and your squad to victory!”

Sick of wordplay?

Bip. Bap. Bam. Welcome to Firefight.

edit 7/9:

New live action trailer here:
http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/dor/object...=3dj5s405u1wu6

No-one does a good live action trailer like bungie (the music is a bit lacking though).
And heres red vs blue to show off firefight: http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/dor/objec...ster_trl_haloodst_prtredvsblueodst_82709.html

And thanks to Robert1986 some video reviews;
GiantBomb 25 minute Quick Look:
http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-halo-3-odst/17-1395/

GameTrailers Video Review:

IGN Video Review:
Looks awesome value to me (Though I have played nearly 4000 multiplayer games :o)
-Full single player as long as halo 3
-Firefight (similar to horde, though far greater in features. No matchmaking, though I tend to play with friends anyways)
-Halo 3 Multiplayer- Means all you tightarses get all the maps :p
-Halo reach beta- Halo FPS, it's going to be good.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yes, but Halo is supposed to suck, isn't it? Just starting the bandwagon here.

(I've preordered this game, first time in years)

Associate
Am i right in thinking that this has nothing to do with the first 3 Halo games and Master Chief, new theme and main character? So why didnt they call it Halo:ODST instead of Halo 3:ODST. It looks ok but Halo has never excited me as much as other FPS's, just cant seem to put my finger on it.....

HeX

HeX

Soldato
Am i right in thinking that this has nothing to do with the first 3 Halo games and Master Chief, new theme and main character? So why didnt they call it Halo:ODST instead of Halo 3:ODST. It looks ok but Halo has never excited me as much as other FPS's, just cant seem to put my finger on it.....

It is set between HALO2 and HALO3, but some of the events are occuring at the same time as HALO3.

It shows the story of several ODST (Orbital Drop Shock Troopers) that are spread across the city after a drop goes wrong. You end up playing from the view point of several different characters as you try and find the rest of your team and achieve the objective you were sent there to do.

I'm really looking forward to it, i'll probably not pre-order as I HATE paying day one prices, but i'll grab it for sure.

Back
Top Bottom