I need an operation to remove a tumour

Associate
CT scan and a biopsy has confirmed that i have a rare cancer called Liposarcoma and its in located it my groin. Its a cancer of the fatty tissues, the causes of which are at present unknown.

My first consultant at Christies in Manchester June 18th told me it was unoperable, thankfully a second opinion was sought.

Last week I was seen by Professor Merion Thomas a surgeon at The Royal Marsden who has agreed to remove it 15th September.
Unfortunately there is a 5% chance that i might not live through the operation as my main artery passes through it and there is a risk that I may bleed out on the table.

Friends and family are supporting me, but i just wanted to tell my friends on OCUK that you never know what is round the corner and treasure your life because you only get one chance at it.

I hope to receive some notes of encourangement and support because these next few weeks are going to be difficult for me and my loved ones.

As you can tell by the time i'm posting this message i'm having a pretty sleepless night even with the aid of sleeping tablets.

You can read my blog here.

http://www.whatnow.org.uk/blog/dazzle/darrens-pelivc-tumour

Associate
Wow, sorry to hear that mate :(

My best wishes go to you and your family, Must be pretty hard to come to terms with.

Best of luck for the OP and hope you make a quick recovery afterwards ;)

Nix

Nix

Soldato
I wish you all the best mate. Here's to hearing from you in a little while, eh? I'm sure you'll be fine. :)

Concentrate on getting better! :D

Associate
Wishing you all the best for the time that lies ahead. Try to stay positive and think of the 95% chance you will be good to get through the op. Totally understand that you just don't know what a day brings and how precious friends and loved ones are. Hope all goes well.

Associate
I know it's easy to say, but try to think positive o.k.

My mum was diagnosed with terminal cancer and was given less than a year...and that was three years ago, so just take it one day at a time o.k.
I've lost track of how many surgeries she's had, all of which were high risk, to remove various tumours and she's pulled through each one.

Live each day to the fullest with your friends and family and I wish you all the best mate, I really do.

Back
Top Bottom