Caporegime
Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast £6.99

Star Wars Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II £3.49

Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy £6.99

Star Wars Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith £1.99

Star Wars: Dark Forces £3.49

Individual price £22.95
Jedi Knight Package price £14.99

1. Dark Forces - Runs fine on most systems since it's using DosBox. Some users reporting framerate problems due to frame limiter. Most are running fine.
2. Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight - Range of problems from artifacting, to black screen with just a HUD, to being completely unplayable. Even if you can get it working, there will be no music since the original game had CD music and LucasArts hasn't changed anything to allow it to find the music anywhere but from the original game CD in your disc drive.
3. Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith - Same engine as above, same problems
4. Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast - Fairly recent game, will run well on most systems
5. Jedi Academy - Same as Jedi Outcast
You save £7.96

Last edited:
Associate
Jedi Outcast was such a good game, I've been hoping for a new game in the series for quite some time. Never played the earlier ones though, are they worth picking up now or have they aged badly?

Soldato
They are not really show stoppers. All modern computers will be able to run this game with the CPU in software, no need for a GPU.

That's not really the issue. The problem is software mode in the games from this period mean't the graphics were very blocky. 3d acceleration made them look a lot nicer.

I can't find two decent comparison shots but if you look at this one it shows what the game looks like in software mode compared with this which is running with 3d acceleration (notice how much cleaner it looks).

It doesn't say it won't work but it's not guaranteed either, so I think I'll wait to hear some opinions before I jump in.

Soldato
Good stuff - lost all my disks to Dark Forces II, Jedi Knight II & Jedi Academy.

Purchased!

Now all we need is KotORII & Pod Racer!!!

Soldato
First time I played Jedi Knight II and Jedi Knight Academy they were awesome, but unfortunately, when I reinstalled them recently, the experience wasn't how I recalled it. Everything felts so rigid and lacklustre ... obviously the 3d engine was dated, but the whole lightsabre gameplay just felt boring.

Maybe I've just been spoiled by modern games. :(

Back
Top Bottom