Agassi admits use of crystal meth

Man of Honour
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/8329193.stm

"There is a moment of regret, followed by vast sadness," Agassi writes about the first time he used crystal meth.

"Slim dumps a small pile of powder on the coffee table," writes Agassi in his book, which the Times are serialising.

"He cuts it, snorts it. He cuts it again. I snort some.

Have to say I'm suprised by this. And why would you admit this?

Man of Honour
"Then comes a tidal wave of euphoria that sweeps away every negative thought in my head. I've never felt so alive, so hopeful - and I've never felt such energy."

Sod this, I'm off to St. Pauls to get some!

Caporegime
It's not the taking of drugs that ever causes problems, it's the abuse of them. I don't care that Agassi did this at all. To me, taking any recreational drug is just the same as taking alcohol...as long as it's done responsibly, it's not, or shouldn't be, a problem.

Permabanned
I like how everywhere is reporting this as "Agassi shame" or "disgrace" etc. So he got high once? Oh the noes!

Soldato
Your all obviously recreational drug users who think it's OK to take class A's

If it harms nobody but yourself why on earth should other people care or have the right to stop you?

The only thing I don't like about class A drugs is that to acquire them people end up funding criminal gangs\organised crime.

Caporegime
If it harms nobody but yourself why on earth should other people care or have the right to stop you?

The only thing I don't like about class A drugs is that to acquire them people end up funding criminal gangs\organised crime.

And committing crimes to fund habits.

Other than that, you pretty much answered your own question already.

Back
Top Bottom