Agassi admits use of crystal meth

Permabanned
I very much doubt that Andre Agassi, the multi-millionaire, was out at night mugging old ladies and robbing people's houses to fund his so called 'habit'.

Man of Honour
The lie is the thing that bothers me about it, I'm less interested in someone taking a non-performance enhancing drug (which coincided with his dip in form more or less). If it had been a performance enhancing drug then I'd have an issue with it, as it is my problem with it stems from the denial.

Soldato
feel quite sorry for him really, it's obviously troubled him a fair bit. It hasn't dimmed my opinion of him anyways, we're all human.

I'm sure he knew the implications of putting it in his book as well so those sort of comments are a bit of a non-entity.

B@

Soldato
I very much doubt that Andre Agassi, the multi-millionaire, was out at night mugging old ladies and robbing people's houses to fund his so called 'habit'.

True but he was buying it off of a dealer, there for funding crime. Either way I couldn't give a monkeys toss.

Caporegime
The lie is the thing that bothers me about it, I'm less interested in someone taking a non-performance enhancing drug (which coincided with his dip in form more or less). If it had been a performance enhancing drug then I'd have an issue with it, as it is my problem with it stems from the denial.

Amphetamines do enhance cognotive and physical performance, one of the reasons they are used in the military.

Man of Honour
Amphetamines do enhance cognotive and physical performance, one of the reasons they are used in the military.

Weird, I'm pretty sure he was performing about as poorly as he'd ever played at the rough time he has admitted to taking them. If he was taking it as a performance enhancer then it absolutely sucks for that.

You never know, quite a few athletes have died using stimulants in sport such as Tom Simpson.

If memory hasn't failed me Tom Simpson was a cyclist competing in the Tour De France decades ago and he wasn't just taking stimulants, he was also taking brandy as part of a mixture that was thought to aid performance. I'm not sure how directly that relates to Andre Agassi taking crystal meth on a very limited number of occasions and not with any performance improvement apparantly in mind.

Back
Top Bottom