Nuclear Dawn

Soldato
header.jpg

Videos:

Launch Trailer:

Teaser Trailer:

Resource Points Tutorial Video:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/17710/

Nuclear Dawn is the first game to offer a full FPS and RTS experience without crippling or diluting either side of the game.

Play as a soldier in a war-torn post-apocalyptic landscape, modeled on modern cities, and take the fight to your enemies as armored, assault or stealth infantry, using various weapons and load outs to accomplish your objectives.

The first person shooter action in Nuclear Dawn is hard, fast and unforgiving, with weapons that rely on skill and tactics more than on twitch reflexes and map memorization.

Learn your roles, the strengths and weaknesses of each class, and use them to their fullest to lay waste to your enemies, in specially designed environments that force you to exploit terrain and cover to stand a chance in tomorrow's war.

Then, take Nuclear Dawn above the action, and play as the commander. Organize your fellow players in squads, and assign them to tactical objectives. Plan the resource routes for your army, and production of your structures for forward deployment.

Exploit the terrain and resource point locations to block your enemies’ tactical advance, and crush their plans in an iron fist. Research and implement new technology to give your soldiers the edge on the battlefield, and set up forward bases to lead the assault on your enemies, with full defensive and offensive structures to choose from and upgrade to build your perfect fortress.

Two distinct factions: the Empire and the Consortium

Four playable classes, each with three sub-class loadouts, plus the commander role

Over a dozen weapons across the various classes, and factions

Each faction has a completely separate base-building paradigm, with different workflows and tech trees

Upgrade weapons, buildings and classes with powerful Golden Age blueprints

Build Doomsday weapons with pre-war technology that will give you the deadliest edge in battle

Travel across the largest, most detailed maps built in Source multiplayer to date.

Sounds promising.

We shall see I guess.

Official Wiki:

http://wiki.nucleardawnthegame.com/index.php/Main_Page

Beta for those who pre-ordered starts on 25th August 2011.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
http://store.steampowered.com/news/5944/

Nuclear Dawn is now available for Pre-purchase on Steam.

Save 10% by purchasing before the September release and also gain access to the beta. (Beta is scheduled to start at the end of August - please stay tuned for an announcement)

Nuclear Dawn will be the first game to offer a full FPS and RTS experience, within a single gameplay model, without crippling or diluting either side of the game.

As a soldier, explore war-torn post-apocalyptic landscapes, modelled on modern cities, and take the fight to your enemies as armoured, assault or stealth infantry using various weapons across ten distinct load-outs to accomplish your objectives. The first person shooter action in Nuclear Dawn is hard, fast and unforgiving, with weapons that rely on skill and tactics more than on twitch reflexes and map memorization.

In RTS mode, players will take Nuclear Dawn above the action and play as the commander. Organize your fellow players in squads and assign them to tactical objectives. Plan the resource routes for your army, and production of your structures for forward deployment. Exploit the terrain and resource point locations to block your enemies’ advance, and crush their plans in an iron fist. Research and implement new technologies to give your soldiers the edge on the battlefield, and set up forward bases to lead the assault on your enemies, with a full complement of defensive and offensive structures to choose from, to build your perfect fortress.

I am VERY excited about this.

It appears to have gone under most peoples radar too which I find surprising..

The depth of play appears to be HUGE, also, not to sound like a PC "Fanboi" but the fact it is PC only should mean none of the stupid design choices we often see on cross platform releases.

Reasonable price too.

Resource Points Tutorial Video:

Last edited:
Permabanned
Has there ever been a game that combined rts and fps that was good?

I can think of another recent game thats done this, iron grip. I was just wondering where this idea has come from and whether its a new idea or if both these games have been inspired by some classic game I havent heard of.

Caporegime
The first person shooter action in Nuclear Dawn is hard, fast and unforgiving, with weapons that rely on skill and tactics more than on twitch reflexes and map memorization.

since when did being able to aim and learn the map not count as skill or tactics?

I'm going to plant my flag on it being nothing like advertised and fail miserably.

Man of Honour

I can think of another recent game thats done this, iron grip. I was just wondering where this idea has come from and whether its a new idea or if both these games have been inspired by some classic game I havent heard of.

Savage 1 was awesome :)

since when did being able to aim and learn the map not count as skill or tactics?

I'm going to plant my flag on it being nothing like advertised and fail miserably.

Worrying, yeah. Didn't notice that before :/

Man of Honour
Didn't realise that this is the source engine. Of course the engine is great for lots of things but I'm extremely concerned with how the weapon accuracy/feel will work. All multiplayer source games I've played have had extremely dodgy ways of dealing with weapon fire (closer to the console feel of Halo type shooting than the imo far better feel afforded by games such as Q3/etc).

Man of Honour
Well, I and a few others have pre-purchased this. Hopefully the fact it's based on L4D2 will mean that it has a linux binary for the source engine and as such we'll have a couple of servers fired up on the LinkTart dedi :)

Associate

Natural selection did it, as well as Empires mod for half life 2 (free through Steamworks). Nuclear dawn looks interesting but I don't think it will be pulling me off empires mod any time soon. Empires mod is basically the same game except it has vehicles while nuclear dawn doesn't have its vehicles planned for a wee while

Caporegime

best played on a console yo! is it a console port? that qoute seriously makes it sound as if its suposed to be played on a sofa with a gamepad while staring at a 100inch tv

Soldato
Natural selection did it, as well as Empires mod for half life 2 (free through Steamworks). Nuclear dawn looks interesting but I don't think it will be pulling me off empires mod any time soon. Empires mod is basically the same game except it has vehicles while nuclear dawn doesn't have its vehicles planned for a wee while

Never heard of empires mod, so I thought I'd give it a try.
Only decently populated server was passworded and the other I tried was just pure chaos.

Associate
Never heard of empires mod, so I thought I'd give it a try.
Only decently populated server was passworded and the other I tried was just pure chaos.

yea give it a while, all the vets are playtesting and stress testing the new build. But, usually there is only 100 odd players on average. Depends on luck a good bit of the time, it quite old :(

Soldato
OP
Launch Trailer:

VERY much looking forward to this.

Hold onto your hats folks.

Anyone else pre-order?

Beta access should be available towards the end of the month.

This and RO2 - AWESOME.

Back
Top Bottom