The Witcher - MODS

Caporegime
A number of people have asked about the best mods for the witcher and especially as it's on the cheap i'll list them here!

Full Combat Rebalance
The Full Combat Rebalance mod was published on the 8th of July and it is, so far, the biggest modification created for The Witcher. The combat system basis has been rebuilt and it has been done single-handly by Andrzej "Flash" Kwiatkowski. The aim he was motivated by was maximizing the realism of the gameplay, this way making it more similar to the world created by Andrzej Sapkowski and maintaining the gameplay to the highest possible standard at the same time. The fights have became more brutal, they need more tactics and strategy, but on the other hand the combat system rules have become more logical. We warmly encourage you to test the modification on your own – and experience a completely new game!
FCR is much bigger than Flash Mod which alters combat mechanics, but is still based on the original ones. For comparison, Flash Mod consists of 913 files, 17 of which are scripts (game mechanics). FCR consists 2241 files, 206 of which are scripts. FCR stands for ‘Full Combat Rebalance’, because the combat rules are almost made from scratch.
FCR offers:

• new design of the PC’s and NPC’s parameters,
  • full armor system and armor type/weapon/combat style dependencies,
  • damage fully dependent on weapons as in most cRPG games,
  • full skill tree overhaul, including sword style rules,
  • much faster and lore-close combat,
  • fully customizable installation with the ability to install each feature seperately,
  • all improvements known from Flash Mod.
http://www.moddb.com/mods/full-combat-rebalance1

Witcher High Res Texture
It contains revised textures of 1. Objects 2. Buildings 3. Walls 4. Animals 5. Minimaps 6. Terrain 7. Armour 8. FX (magic and other effects) 9. Ground Textures As graphic bugs are possible please make a screenshot and send me a message if you discover bugs. The same applies for any problems with the installer. Depending on the power of your system it is possible that the game will stutter significantly. As over 3000 textures were edited and enhanced in detail a DualCore 2 CPU is recommended at least to be able to play the mod properly! Have fun playing the mod! :
http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-witcher-texturen-mod

higher resolutions to almost all NPC's, monsters, and animals in the game
This is a high-resolution texture pack for The Witcher, designed specifically to work hand-in-hand with Master of Darkness' Texturen mod. This mod "fills in the blanks" and adds higher resolutions to almost all NPC's, monsters, and animals in the game. The Texturen mod gave us high-res landscapes, buildings, trees, etc... but since characters and monsters were not included, this left us with better looking environments with the population looking a bit dull in contrast. Now with this hi-res character package, almost everything in The Witcher will look very high-def in comparison to the original game. The most notable changes to characters come by the way of outfits; now leathers look more realistic, metals more metallic, and creases and stitching are much more detailed.
Features:
- All NPC's, monsters, and animals have been given high resolution textures. It is important to note that while many characters will look exceptional now, not all will be equal. This is because not all were created equal in the original game, with some NPC's having higher vanilla textures than others (a good example is to take a look at Kalkstien's outfit in the original game in comparison to Shani). This difference has been inherited by this texture pack due to restrictions beyond my control, however the differences are slim, as all characters have been improved significantly.
- I highly recommend installing the Texturen mod along with this one. If you do not then the result will be bland looking landscapes in contrast to the character models. Basically, with both mods installed just about everything in the game will now be high-res.
http://www.moddb.com/mods/witchercharactermodels

And a curse, And Love, And Betrayal ( HQ Adventure )
http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18267877&highlight=witcher

Visible Blood and Wounds Mod
This mod changes the attack effects and resulting blood in The Witcher in many ways in order to make it much more realistic and believable in appearance.
Features:
- First of all, if you do not already have visible wounds installed, this mod will do so. That means you will now be able to see wounds appear on your enemies each time that you slash them with a weapon. What this mod does to improve on all previous versions of visible wounds is to give you 3 different sizes of wounds determined by how much damange the hit did. Normal hits will now leave smaller gashes than critical hits, and so forth.
- The actual texture resolution of the "cut" has been doubled, and also greatly improved to look much more realistic. Also, the coloring of the original wounds looked a bit off, which has been fixed.
- The color of blood in the vanilla Witcher was far too dark for fresh blood, and instead had the coloring of blood that had been sitting for a while. There have been a few mods so far that changed the blood color, but most overshot and made the blood too bright so it would look cartoon-ish. With Perfect Blood, you get just that: perfect looking blood. I've done my best to find the right balancing in color between the blood flying through the air, laying on the ground, and on the bodies on living and dead characters.
http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-witcher-perfect-blood-mod

Last edited:
Soldato
Thanks for those Neil!

I reinstalled The Witcher last night after I'd had the email that my copy of The Witcher 2 had been posted to me. Figured I should actually finish my save game..

Didn't even think to look for mods for it though so the texture mods should be good! :)

Soldato
I installed the Combat rebalance mod. The trailer made it look awesome.

I really do not understand this mod, it makes no sense to me. For a start, it makes the game harder.

In the trailer for this mod it says that you take control of a "warrior unmatched with the sword". :confused: really? after installing the mod, it now takes me around 10 swipes of my sword to kill a dog!!

Also, after installing this mod, the great fighter lost a bar fight to some fat guy who knocked him out in 2 punches.

I really do not get mods like this, the same with playing on really hard difficulties. You are suposed to be a great fighter, it shouldn't be that hard to kill small animals and plants:)

Soldato
I installed the Combat rebalance mod. The trailer made it look awesome.

I really do not understand this mod, it makes no sense to me. For a start, it makes the game harder.

In the trailer for this mod it says that you take control of a "warrior unmatched with the sword". :confused: really? after installing the mod, it now takes me around 10 swipes of my sword to kill a dog!!

Also, after installing this mod, the great fighter lost a bar fight to some fat guy who knocked him out in 2 punches.

I really do not get mods like this, the same with playing on really hard difficulties. You are suposed to be a great fighter, it shouldn't be that hard to kill small animals and plants:)

I was going to ask what that mod actually does to make the combat different, as it isn't explained very well above.

Back
Top Bottom