The Witcher - MODS

Caporegime
OP
I haven't installed the combat rebalance either, personal choice though as some wanted a harder experience... About the texture mods, i never had a problem installing them whatsoever, the only thing difference is the character texture mods with all the seperate files being installed not the folder itself.

Read the readme ;)

Caporegime
OP
It can be very stuttery and jerky in the castle mainly during the early part, just turn grass way down and drop the distance view a little. This seems to be a problem according to google even without the texture mods :p

Soldato
I've been having difficulty installing this (I think). I ran the installer but I'm not sure that it's worked. I installed the hi-res NPCs/monsters/animals mod and that seems to have worked fine. Not sure what I'm doing wrong (if anything) as the installer for the High Res Texturen mod is all in a foreign language.

Associate
I've been having difficulty installing this (I think). I ran the installer but I'm not sure that it's worked. I installed the hi-res NPCs/monsters/animals mod and that seems to have worked fine. Not sure what I'm doing wrong (if anything) as the installer for the High Res Texturen mod is all in a foreign language.

Install in the data/override directory.

Soldato
C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\The Witcher Enhanced Edition Directors Cut\Data\Override\The Witcher

Is that correct or do I need to delete "\The Witcher"?

Associate
C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG.com\The Witcher Enhanced Edition Directors Cut\Data\Override\The Witcher

Hmm. Now that you mention it i'm not sure. I believe during the installation I used data/override only and the folder The Witcher was created during the install.

This was quite a while ago however and I can't remember.

Soldato

The installer wasn't translated, they left it in German.

Needs to be straight in the override folder, that subfolder should be taken out.

Caporegime
OP
When it comes to the Character textures, copy the files inside the zipped folder into the ovverider directory. Do not copy the folder over!

As for the custom adventure make sure the *.adv file is in C:\Users\Public\Documents\The Witcher ;)

For the textures, install it into your default witcher folder edit the directory it gives you if you have to.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Then they are not working ;)

I'm surprised people had any problems with them as i had no trouble whatsoever and these mods are the first time i've used them!

Soldato
Did you create the "Override" folder and install the mods into it?

Yep.

29xbukx.png

The models still look the same, and the textures for the most part don't show any difference.

Caporegime
OP
Did you create the "Override" folder and install the mods into it?

I created an ovveride folder in data
Installed the high res texture mod exe pointing it to the default install folder, i made sure that the folder was exact and not something like the witcher\the witcher. I then unpacked the character high res texture folder and copied the files inside that character folder into the ovveride directory. As for the blood, the readme is pretty easy to follow Perfect Blood directory goes inside the ovverride folder.

Associate
I installed the graphics mods and blood mod ok. I forgot to turn up the graphics settings so everything looked corrupted but the game does look realy nice now.

witcher2011-05-1513-44-25-62.jpg

witcher2011-05-1512-09-41-65.jpg

witcher2011-05-1513-56-57-23.jpg

witcher2011-05-1512-03-45-23.jpg

I tryed the combat mod out and didnt like it, i was 2 shotting people on the way up and 2 hits and i was dead so i uninstalled it. Havent noticed a perfomance hit due to the hi res grphics so very pleased :)

Soldato
I am really getting in to it now. I have to say it really does look excellent with the texture mods on (Act 3 onwards anyway, when it get a bit more colour into it;)

I have searched a bit but can't find anything, does anyone know if there are any mods which replace some NPC character models. I am fed up with everyone looking the same. I have just been introduced to a character which i have to speak to and it is very annoying that he looks exactly the same as about 3 other characters that i have already spoken to. There is no differentiation at all, even a different coloured hat would make a difference!!:)
I would be suprised if there aren't any mods like this tbh

Back
Top Bottom