O2 Issues - South Yorkshire

Associate
Anyone having issues with o2/GiffGaff this morning in the South Yorkshire area?

I can't make calls, send texts or use data and its the same for everyone at my work.

The slightly weird thing is that iMessaging still works despite data not working :confused:.

Soldato
Yup, same in Reading. While I like GiffGaff... Had 3G problems a few weeks ago, now this =/

I kept making calls, thinking it was the receiver who I couldn't get through to. I rang my landline and then realised it was giffgaff =(

Associate
Can't see why everyone is complaining, fair enough it's gone down, but its not really controllable is it.

Just follow the page, stay near somewhere with an internet connection for your laptop and sit tight.

Soldato
To be fair, I've had an outage with TalkTalk, an outage at my parents house with BT and an electricity outage to boot. All within the last 6 months.

Sometimes backups are too expensive to maintain and run - you're paying practically nothing for a very good service. If you're not happy, move elsewhere and pay more for better reliability.

Soldato
Data is now fine. I can receive texts and calls, but cannot call or text out.

Data was the important one for me today as typically I'm changing home broadband suppliers today and have no broadband!

Back
Top Bottom