• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia driver v301.10

Soldato
Only Win7/vista 64 bit, official 680 launch driver

http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/301.10/301.10-desktop-win7-winvista-64bit-english-whql.exe

http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7-winvista-64bit-301.10-whql-driver.html

This is the official launch driver for GeForce GTX 680 – the fastest, most efficient GPU ever built.

Explore GeForce GTX 680 and its new SMX architecture on GeForce.com.

GeForce R300 drivers introduce several new industry-leading gaming features and will be released using versions 300.xx to 301.xx.

New Feature Summary:

NVIDIA GPU Boost Technology – dynamically maximizes clock speeds based on workload of the game to push performance to new levels and bring out the best in every game. Learn more on GeForce.com.
NVIDIA FXAA Technology – shader-based anti-aliasing technology available from the NVIDIA Control Panel that enables ultra-fast anti-aliasing in hundreds of PC games. FXAA delivers similar quality to 4x multi-sample antialiasing (MSAA) but is up to 60% faster, enabling substantially higher performance in games. Note: This feature is disabled for games already have built-in support for FXAA. Visit GeForce.com to learn more.
NVIDIA Adaptive Vertical Sync – dynamically enables vertical sync based on your current frame rates for the smoothest gaming experience. Visit GeForce.com to learn more.
NVIDIA Frame Rate Target – dynamically adjusts frame rate to a user specified target. Support for this feature is enabled via third party applications via NVAPI. Visit GeForce.com to learn more.
NVIDIA 3D Vision Surround Technology – with a single GeForce GTX 680 you can expand your PC games across three displays in full stereoscopic 3D for the ultimate “inside the game” experience. NVIDIA Surround also supports triple screen gaming with non-3D Vision monitors. Visit GeForce.com to learn more.
New Surround features:

Add in a fourth accessory display to get access to your email, web, or other applications while you game.
Maximize an application to a single physical display when in Surround mode (enabled by default).
Confine the Windows Taskbar to the center display (enabled by default).
Enable bezel peeking – a feature which enables users to temporarily ‘peak’ behind the monitor bezels using a hotkey (Ctrl + Alt + B). This feature is designed to be used in conjunction with bezel corrected resolutions.
Enables users to add or remove resolutions from the list of Surround resolutions (only those selected will be available to applications).
Enables full center display acceleration for single wide display modes (center display must be connected to the master GPU).
NVIDIA NVENC Support – adds support for the new hardware-based H.264 video encoder in GeForce GTX 680, providing up to 4x faster encoding performance while consuming less power.
Other Details

Installs PhysX System Software v9.12.0213.
Installs HD Audio v1.3.12.0.
Supports OpenGL 4.2
Supports DisplayPort 1.2 for GeForce GTX 680.
Supports multiple languages and APIs for GPU computing: CUDA C, CUDA C++, CUDA Fortran, OpenCL, DirectCompute, and Microsoft C++ AMP.
Supports single GPU and NVIDIA SLI technology on DirectX 9, DirectX 10, DirectX 11, and OpenGL, including 3-way SLI and SLI support on SLI-certified Intel and AMD motherboards.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Download Drivers

Then Download the INF FOR ALL CARDS UNPACK TO Display.Driver and Overwrite

Then run setup
INF for x64 Vista/7 International (for all videocards, including gtx680)

INF for x86 Vista/7 International (for all videocards, including gtx680)
All i did was download the top driver for 64bit, then download the INF for 64bit... unpack the driver, unpack/copy the inf over to the driver folder and you have to overwrite. Then install!

The inf's wont work on the ENGLISH US driver

Last edited:
Soldato
How can they get away with flat out lying saying "most efficient GPU ever built." As efficiency goes its way down the list as its classed as a brute force GPU which is anything but efficient.

Man of Honour
Some people prefer a small amount of tearing so their fps doesn't bottom out when it drops a bit and they don't get stutter/increased input lag - but obviously its down to personal prefernce and personally I still won't be using vsync at all in most cases.

Associate
I turned adaptive vsync off. Only makes sense if you consistently run over 60 FPS, otherwise you just get tearing (when the framerate drops below that), which I find horrible.
You may not like it but it's designed primarily for when your framerate drops below 60fps. Otherwise you'd just use normal v-sync. I've yet to try it but as long as the tearing isn't too pronounced and it improves responsiveness then I can see myself using it.

Man of Honour
Not tested adaptive vsync or FXAA yet but so far with a few limited tests the modded drivers seem to work on my GTX470 SLI setup fine.

Man of Honour
Forced FXAA seems to work on my 470s - while not as bad as AMD's MLAA its rounding off the edges of text ingame when forced on rather than enabled as a supported option which is slightly undesireable (games that natively support it will render text after the FXAA pass).

Adaptive VSync also seems to be working - I'm getting a lot more fluid framerates when its dropping below 120fps (120Hz panel) instead of dropping down to 60fps or plummeting to 30 it wanders around a bit mostly keeping 50-80fps at the times it drops below (which isn't often) - I've not actually seen any tearing and its definitely smoother/more responsive with adaptive vsync on in situations where the framerate drops out tho it still gets that glidy/rubber band feeling typical of vsync.

EDIT: Tried to screenshot it but it seems FXAA isn't applied in screenshots - atleast not through eve online's built in screenshot function.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Atleast on my setup it seems that framebuffer grabs don't have FXAA applied - it is a post processing effect so might be possible to pull it out the previous buffer after flipping (think most screenshot programs pull it out the backbuffer before flipping tho not 100% on that).

Associate
Download Drivers

Then Download the INF FOR ALL CARDS UNPACK TO Display.Driver and Overwrite

Then run setup
All i did was download the top driver for 64bit, then download the INF for 64bit... unpack the driver, unpack/copy the inf over to the driver folder and you have to overwrite. Then install!

The inf's wont work on the ENGLISH US driver

This did not work for me but manual edit did just do this

If you're using the English or International version of the driver and you have a vanilla EVGA 580 all you need to add to the INF is

%NVIDIA_DEV.1080% = Section035, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1080

in the these two sections

[NVIDIA_SetA_Devices.NTamd64.6.0] and [NVIDIA_SetA_Devices.NTamd64.6.1]

Then under [Strings] near the end of the file, add
NVIDIA_DEV.1080 = "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580"

and your good to go

Back
Top Bottom