Planetary Annihilation - Kickstarter Project

Associate
Uber Entertainment have started a Kickstarter Project for their latest game - an RTS following in the steps of Total Annihilation but on a larger scale.

The game features warfare across entire planetary systems.

Fight across Lava planets rich in resources or plunder the atmosphere of Gas Giants. Vie with your enemies for control of long dormant battle stations the size of a small moon. Send submarines after hostile naval units beneath water worlds.

Fight from planet to planet with a range of orbital units.

And if that isn't big enough fire up the re-playable Galactic War multi-player campaign mode to fight for an entire...well...galaxy!

The game itself is hoped to release sometime in the middle of next year.

PLANETARY ANNIHILATION KS PROJECT HOMEPAGE

NEXT STRETCH GOAL

Full Orchestral Score - $2.0M

The absolute best way to make a game soundtrack come alive and stand the test of time is to record it using live musicians. We will record the soundtrack for the game using the Northwest Sinfonia, the same orchestra that performed the soundtracks for Total Annihilation, Halo, and many Hollywood film scores.

nwsinfonia.jpg

Orchestral recording is expensive and difficult to produce, but the layers of texture and overall quality of a live performance cannot be beat. We want to deliver the absolute highest quality game experience that we can and a world class orchestral score is truly something Uber.

Also, Howard says he will add +Sing to the game if we can reach this goal!

GALACTIC WAR

"... a replayable single and multiplayer metagame. Play locally by yourself or co-op with your friends against our world class Skirmish AI’s. Or play on the live multiplayer servers and try to conquer the galaxy!"

" features include:

• Procedurally generated galaxy map, play a different galaxy every time!
  • Single player and co-op for local play
  • Online multiplayer mega-battles. Join a faction and plunder the universe!
  • Clan wars servers for fighting the galactic war between clans
  • Dynamic story system that logs your fight and generates exciting counter attacks and special missions that up the challenge level

Many of you have asked for more single player action. We think that a replayable Galactic War metagame is going to deliver much more long term fun than a pre-scripted campaign!

Please let us prove it by helping us reach the goal.

PA_027a.png

"PLANETARY ANNIHILATION brings Real-Time Strategy to a new generation of gamers in a way they’ve never been seen before: Total Annihilation-inspired gameplay on a planetary scale."

We all know that the RTS genre has taken a hit. There just aren’t that many quality original RTS games coming out. If you love to play games like Total Annihilation your options are pretty limited. This is where Planetary Annihilation comes in. It is meant to be a truly innovative spin on what RTS games can and should be.

Expand your empire to harness the resources of entire solar systems to create vast armies with which to annihilate enemy planets, destroy rival systems and win the Galactic War!

PA_020.png

Play a quick skirmish with a friend on a single planet map with a low unit cap or a 12+ hour game with 40 of your closest frenemies and thousands of units. You can also hone your skills against Planetary Annihilation’s AI or team up with a friend against multiple AI’s.

Planetary Annihilation’s order queuing interface allows you to control massive armies spread across multiple worlds with ease. Get strategic views of the action anywhere, anytime by zooming in and out of the war zone, and use split interfaces and multiple windows to keep an eye on multiple battlegrounds at once.

PA_013.png

Create custom or randomized maps with our procedural planet creator. Like what you see? Save them and share them with the Planetary Annihilation community.

Planetary Annihilation’s rendering engine is brought to you by the team that developed the rendering engines for Total Annihilation and Supreme Commander. Our engine will allow you to explore vast, new procedural worlds with diverse terrain and build on everything from small, airless rocks to huge earth-type planets. No two maps are exactly alike.

CLIENT-SERVER NETWORKING ARCHITECTURE
Other than Total Annihilation, which was asynchronous, most Real-Time Strategy games use a synchronous networking model, which means that all the computers in a given game are held back by the slowest machine. The Planetary Annihilation engine uses a client-server model so that the “heavy lifting” can be done on a game server, freeing up gamers’ machines to engage in bigger battles with more players!

ADVANCED MODDING FEATURES
Create new units, gametypes, maps and planet archetypes. Run your own servers with your own sets of units and game modes.

Planetary Annihilation Pledge Rewards

The basic game can be pre-purchased for $20.

Alternatively, you can support the project further by increasing your pledge - higher levels of pledge entitle you increasingly better rewards such as Alpha Access, exclusive in-game commander models, T-Shirts, planets named in your honour, etc.

af2e38a10495424006799f1423f743ce_large.png

Last edited:
Soldato
Huge, 3D battles across multiple planets awaits!

I didn't see that bit orginally and thought it was based on one planet only

so a combo of, TA Spore, Metal Fatigue sins of sol empire.. or something like that cobo.

this could very well be my first kickstart donation!!

Soldato
Think I'll back this, looks interesting and there's a been a void of good RTS titles in the last couple of years and not too many coming up beyond Rome TW2 and End of Nations.

Soldato
Yup, this does look interesting. $900k is quite a lot to raise. Nearly 250k tho. Its gonna have to be good for that budget tho.

I'll give it a backing.

Soldato
Uber Entertainment have started a Kickstarter Project for their latest game - an RTS following in the steps of Total Annihilation but on a larger scale.

O.O

I spiritual sequel to the best RTS ever created? yes please! :D

I remember saying when Supreme Commander 2 flopped like a fish because of all the rubbish Square-Enix did that all they actually had to do was re-release TA with HD gfx and it would automatically be the best RTS on the market. If this is even half as good as it sounds they can just take my money already :D

Soldato
O.O

I spiritual sequel to the best RTS ever created? yes please! :D

I remember saying when Supreme Commander 2 flopped like a fish because of all the rubbish Square-Enix did that all they actually had to do was re-release TA with HD gfx and it would automatically be the best RTS on the market. If this is even half as good as it sounds they can just take my money already :D
How are those rose tinted glasses working out for you.

SC > TA HD

Ive just read some more in this, are they suggesting that it would be a game more like civ. Rather than running a bunch of missions on certain maps you would have a galaxy to conquer?

Last edited:
Soldato
So this is an RTS that has planet vs planet rather than nation vs nation or army vs army?

Sign me up!

A little hesitant though as these are the people who made Super Monday Night Combat which to be quite honest is ****ing ****.

Soldato
How are those rose tinted glasses working out for you.

SC > TA HD

Im not wearing any, graphics aside TA is better than Supreme Commander, my friends and I still play both regularly (most of the old days college crew still meet up for a regular LAN once a month or so).

Soldato
I really want to back the £10,000 tier :)

Edit: Screw it, I back the $95 tier. There are not enough RTS about these days and this has the potential to be pretty great, even if they don't include a campaign I'm not bothered in the least, 95% of my time on RTS throughout history has been on skirmishes.

Here's hoping it's great.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom