T-Mobile & Orange = EE

Its only iPhone users at the moment and there accounts are still effectively Orange or T-Mobile it just the carrier logo that's changed nothing else.

At least that the gist I got from Twitter.

Orange 3G is pretty bad as well though. I thought this merge happened a while ago? Or is it just that the individual names of the companies will now cease to exist?

I noticed that I'm on Orange T-Mobile now the whole time instead of just areas where I couldn't get Orange signal before. I also got a text from them saying that 3G is now faster though I'm yet to see the proof!

Good news for anyone on orange or T-Mobile.

I have just renewed my contract with orange having been told that despite having only just started a new contract, customers will be able to get 4g straight away by swapping to ee. This will be facilitated so long as you choose a more expensive contract under ee I.e. paying an extra £5 for 4g.

For me this is great news and I assume it is helpful for other people on fixed contracts who want to have access to 4g ASAP.

Ah cool. No matter here as I got the S3 back at launch.

Someone I know is looking at the S3 but was asking about 4G version. TBH I said it probably is not worth it just now. Coverage will be patchy, costs higher, battery life impacted and why would the average user really need that kind of speed over and above the 3-6MB you can get on 3G??

Is 4G REALLY that big of a deal in the UK just now in comparison to 3G FOR THE AVERAGE USER?

Who here genuinely NEEDS 4G and why? (genuine question)

Last edited:
Ah cool. No matter here as I got the S3 back at launch.

Someone I know is looking at the S3 but was asking about 4G version. TBH I said it probably is not worth it just now. Coverage will be patchy, costs higher, battery life impacted and why would the average user really need that kind of speed over and above the 3-6MB I can get on 3G??

Is 4G REALLY that big of a deal in the UK just now in comparison to 3G FOR THE AVERAGE USER?

Who here genuinely NEEDS 4G and why? (genuine question)

You dont need 4G, but I think the overall smartphone experience would really benefit from it, right now our phones are stupidly fast, everything is instant until you try something over 3g then you have to wait. 4G not only gives you really nice speeds but and more important super low ping, I saw around 30-40 at the EE event which is really nice.

I think if your friend lives in a big city then it should be okay for signal and coverage, but the price I think will be crazy high and some caps on data which defeats the purpose of super fast downloads.

Back
Top Bottom