***Black Ops 2***

Associate
So whatt are your thoughts people that are going to buy it?
PC or Xbox, i have read the PC are going to have dedicated servers you won't be able to rent your own, but people were complaing about this with MW3.
This way easier to keep the cheats out but how long will their servers last?
Thanks

Permabanned
I keep telling myself I'm not buying it. But I've said that for the past 3 years and every single time I have done.

If I do buy then it will be on Xbox as that's where the majority of my mates play.

In all honesty it will probably be quite good. Black Ops was the best COD since MW1 imo, so hopefully more of the same. Will wait for reviews before i decide whether to purchase or not, definitely wont be at a midnight launch this time!

Associate
I've got it pre-ordered. Ignoring the haters.

Black Ops was the first CoD I played since 2. Never played the MW series. I Loved Black Ops I simply must get the sequal :) The improvements they're showing are fantastic!
I'm not letting the MW3 complaints effect me at all. I see it as a different game from a different team.

I thought the servers would be the same as the Original? Dedicated as well as Rentable?

Soldato
preordered it also, bought every one on release since cod4, looking forward to it. Always played it on xbox first but preordered on pc this time.

Caporegime
Given they killed off people from owning servers and being able to actively admin their own servers i don't see it doing well on pc. If a hacker enters a server how do you kick him with no admin tools? Im assuming you have to report him and wait several months for anything to happen. Besides that all you can do is server hop and hope you don't run into more.

Caporegime
Why do they have dedicated servers but not let you run your own? That is fairly dumb.

That said I buy COD and only ever play 20-30min stints just to shoot some people in fast past FPS and seeing unlocks, it is very similar every year, but it is fun just to shoot **** for 20 minutes, unlock stuff and sit at the top.

If I want to play properly I'll just stick to CSS/GO

Associate
I normally buy it for 360 but I probably won't this year and deffo won't for PC.

It'd cost me £70 if I was to buy it, cause I need XBL, plug and charge kit + game :(

Associate
OP
Well i have been speaking to some people streaming that have played it at events and they have said its like COD 4 so they are buying as that was the best of the MW ones, but they were playing on xbox.

Associate
OP
I normally buy it for 360 but I probably won't this year and deffo won't for PC.

It'd cost me £70 if I was to buy it, cause I need XBL, plug and charge kit + game :(

Thats one of the reason i was thinking about buying PC as its cheaper, i never bought MW3 on PC i bought on xbox what a mistake played it for a week and have been playing BF3 on PC since.
But reading about dedicated servers, it says PC players were complaing they didn't have them so i don't know whats best:rolleyes:

So dedicated servers (not that p2p crap of MW3 which was the last one I bought) but no servers available for people to buy and run themselves?

As said who admins the servers? Will it be on vote kick, which often just sees good players getting kicked because people can't deal with getting shot too often, or will we have no admin at all!

Associate
OP
So dedicated servers (not that p2p crap of MW3 which was the last one I bought) but no servers available for people to buy and run themselves?

As said who admins the servers? Will it be on vote kick, which often just sees good players getting kicked because people can't deal with getting shot too often, or will we have no admin at all!

Suppose it will be like consoles no admins

Soldato
I have preorderd this and was thinking about getting my own server rented so I do not have to put with moron admins and ridiculous rules like no jumping etc that black ops is littered with.

Edit: just read up on it and I like how its being implemented its like iw net except instead of p2p its hosted on servers they supply. So no stupid rules while being ranked and with dedicated servers sounds like a win to me :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom