Fractal Design

• Thread starter Deleted member 2277
  • Start date
Soldato
Something to do with quality control.
Fractal support is legendary...have a problem? such as your side panel is marked or w/e, they will send you out a brand new one free of charge.

Still waiting for the midi R2, no information on when its released in the UK, was supposed to be last month, but it was pushed back to this month, but still nothing....

Soldato
That was the answer from an email i got this morning from fractal anyway. You might need to give a few days for the cases to get about but 16th-20th they should be about :)

p.s love you too ;)

Soldato
Something to do with quality control.
Fractal support is legendary...have a problem? such as your side panel is marked or w/e, they will send you out a brand new one free of charge.

Still waiting for the midi R2, no information on when its released in the UK, was supposed to be last month, but it was pushed back to this month, but still nothing....

Bingo, this is why I can't figure out how there were quality control issues tbh.

Bought a R1000 a year or so ago for the GF - had the USB ports broken by a knock - sent a support email to Fractal explaining it was damaged by us and can we pay for a replacement, they sent one out free of charge and it was here very quickly.

For such good CS, I can't see how they'd have such bad QC issues :S

Soldato
Yeh its very odd indeed.
But I would say the service far out ways the chance of a damaged case (in which you can just get a re-placement from the seller or something) or if it's a side panel/fan controller/the top panel on the midi just contact fractal and boom, they will send you w/e you need for free!.

Bizarre....

I had a arc midi for a few days which I planned to transplant my current rig into.
The top panel part of it was warped (the mesh, very common problem from what I read with the midi), it wasn't distracting but I knew it was there and if I looked at it, I would get annoyed....
I emailed fractal, told them about the issue and within about 20min I had a reply asking for my delivery address to send a new top to me for free....
It was just past midnight, was going to sit down in the morning and transplant my computer into the midi and put the new top on when it arrives.
Looking around google before I go to bed and came across a video titled "Arc Midi R2 High Performance Case Walkthrough" I was like midi R2? whats this? click...:confused::confused:
I was like....You have got to be kidding me fractal :mad:
So I RMA'd my midi as faulty and got a full refund as the R2 fixes all the issues the midi had :D

I can vaguely remember that OCUK took fractal of the website because they where getting a buttload of returns for "faulty" fractal cases and they didn't want to put up with it anymore...or something

Anyway, really sad they arn't on OCUK anymore, have to order from other places that don't have the same reputation/longer delivery times/crappier returns....

Last edited:

Deleted member 2277

D

Deleted member 2277

OP
I have an R3 and it's a brilliant case. I will take a chance and order the R4 from somewhere else.

Soldato
Think we just have to keep searching in google, I just quickly check every day to see if it pops up on other retailers...its basically a insta buy.

Soldato
I have an R4 and it is an amazing case, I've had a Corsair 600T, Phantom 410, Phantom and some other cheaper cases and the R4 is the one I have stuck with.

The case came damaged though, I dealt with it and informed OcUk and a few days after they had stopped stocking them, I purchased the last R4 OcUK sold.

Mine had a small dent and some scratches that where not to visible but would have easily meant and return pickup for OcUK had I decided I didn't like the problems.

Back
Top Bottom