Why are some Welsh people naturally olive skinned...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
My evidence....

Alex Jones
3TZkqsZ.jpg

Chris Coleman
YGg9DBz.jpg

..and of course Mr Tom Jones
FU6GNV5.jpg

I realise these people are fairly well off and can afford plenty of foreign holidays but I can't imagine it's all down to tanning. Was there some Spanish invasion of Wales centuries ago I'm unaware of or does generations of working down coalmines slowly make your offspring darker skinned?

*WARNING: THIS THREAD MAY NOT BE ENTIRELY SERIOUS

Last edited:
Man of Honour
It's the Gypsy blood.

A lot of people on the west coast of Ireland are of a darker complexion with black hair. I believe it has been traced back to the Spanish and Moroccan influence.

Associate
Is Tom Jones naturally that colour? Unfortunate if so, a very orange tan. Alex Jones probably due to foundation/make-up in general, Chris Coleman doesn't look too dark there.

Soldato
I heard that the Portuguese used to sail up St George's channel and settle in Wales. Is it me or do these slightly darker featured Welsh guys also appear shorter than average?

Soldato
Coal dust.

Also, villages around Wrexham in North Wales are inhabited by bizarre Tom Jones look-a-likes known locally as 'Jackos', even the women there look like Sir Tom, I think it was due to some strange cloning experiment gone wrong. This is absolutely true and anyone from around the Wrexham area can and will confirm this information.

Soldato
Black hair, black eyes, seeing as the Romans stayed around for 367 years maybe some people get it from them..

Obviously not everyone in wales has olive skin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom