National Lottery Instant Wins (online)

Soldato
I appreciate that we've done the usual 'Who plays the Lottery!?' threads since time began, however I am curious as to who has won on the lottery instant wins.

To get the ball rolling (ho ho ho), I tend to play the Lottery Draws online (£2 per week), and use the winnings to play the Instant Win games in the future.

When I occasionally play the Instant Wins (like online scratchcards) they never quite seem to have the same odds as the physical scratchcards do?

My best Instant Win was £40.

The online Instant Wins always throw around big numbers such as £10,000 every month for a year, or amounts upwards of £1000 - £100,000, however i've never seen anyone win (through media sources) or noticed the Lottery Win news ticker (top left) declare anyone winning big prizes (£40+).

Does it happen? Have you known anyone win on these? Or is it just a big lie?

stop playing the lottery, get yourself a good roulette strategy instead

And a 2nd OCUK forum account to improve you 'luck'
shrektongue.png

I opened a Camelot account in 2006, games were £1.00 or £1.50 per play if memory serves. But yeah, they're like scratch cards, but online using Shockwave/Flash. I had the case of beginner's luck and would get a couple of £10 winners, highest win was £15. That's to reel you in hook, line and sinker. Then I stopped for a few years, played again in 2009 and it was obvious that my luck disappeared in similar fashion to MH370, so I set my limit to £0 which means I can't play anymore.

I still occasionally play offline with real scratch cards. Highest offline win I had was £15, same as online funnily enough.

Do anyone play the £5 and £10 scratch cards? :eek: Can't say I had, but curious if any of you have tried one.

I once won £90~ on one, might have been a bit less. However I excluded myself from the scratchcards, they're too easy to just spend loads of money on.

Never played online "scrathcards" but I buy perhaps 3 or 4 a month real scratch off cards from the newsagent. Won a few £50s but nothing big. My parents were given 10 scratch cards in a row in a card for theiw wedding anniversary and they had a £1000 win on one...think it was the 8th card in the batch they got.

I've had £110 on the online "instants" too. I've also had the odd £20 - £40 win. I only tend to play if my online account has an odd £2 in. Don't add money to my account just to play them.

I don't trust the online ones, I know it's probably regulated but it's too easy for a computer to just not pay out if they've paid too much that day or whatever. It's probably me being paranoid but I only trust normal scratch cards and I normally get a £5 one once a week in the petrol station or whatever.

I don't trust the online ones, I know it's probably regulated but it's too easy for a computer to just not pay out if they've paid too much that day or whatever. It's probably me being paranoid but I only trust normal scratch cards and I normally get a £5 one once a week in the petrol station or whatever.

i totally agree, thats why I usually just go for the standard lottery if and when I was online

What makes people trust scratchcards any more than online?

Surely from a regulator's point of view, all they have to do to check that the National Lottery are abiding by the odds they state and prize values (for both online and offline) is to look at the payouts compared to number of tickets sold (with a small variance allowed over a long period of time)? And so both sales methods must follow this pretty closely.

I suppose online the national lottery could pick and choose who won what and still abide by the overall odds but i'm not sure why they would bother to do that? :D

Back
Top Bottom