National Lottery Instant Wins (online)

Yeah I signed up years ago and put £10 in and won £160 over an hour. I assumed it was to hook people in.

Obviously I just sank it all straight back in like a reasonable person.

Play the occasional 25p / 50p instant win game if I've got some funds left over. Had some big wins on those, got £2 once! :p

Years ago I noticed the actual game doesn't mean anything, only the unique code for that game session. Being young and naive I thought I'd got a free game when I lost my connection while playing and when it reconnected the game started again with different symbols revealed. Doesn't matter how many times you close without clicking finish, when you go back it will always be a loser despite the different results. :o

I appreciate that we've done the usual 'Who plays the Lottery!?' threads since time began, however I am curious as to who has won on the lottery instant wins.

To get the ball rolling (ho ho ho), I tend to play the Lottery Draws online (£2 per week), and use the winnings to play the Instant Win games in the future.

When I occasionally play the Instant Wins (like online scratchcards) they never quite seem to have the same odds as the physical scratchcards do?

My best Instant Win was £40.

The online Instant Wins always throw around big numbers such as £10,000 every month for a year, or amounts upwards of £1000 - £100,000, however i've never seen anyone win (through media sources) or noticed the Lottery Win news ticker (top left) declare anyone winning big prizes (£40+).

Does it happen? Have you known anyone win on these? Or is it just a big lie?

I am also curious if any jackpot lotto winners have ever been online purchasers, always seem to be people buying physical tickets.

Have the odd dabble every few month, started with £5 that I had left over in my account went upto £12 then back down to £5 and stopped. So many winnings :P

Played a few instant wins in my time on their site.

My biggest win was back years ago when they had the original Deal or No Deal instant win game. It was the game of choice that I'd always play after winning £100 two weeks in a row (Yes two weeks in a row, it had odds of 1:100 for £100 but was quickly changed then revamped, then removed).

After that, my luck slumped and it must have been months before I won an even bigger prize, but I had still been winning £2s and £5s as per usual.

Then one early morning, I was bored, nothing to do. Was talking to friends online that were on. Decided I'd load my account since I had a few extra quid, went for my game of poision at the time which was deal or no deal, and I was shocked to see that on the last part of the play on it, £500 popped out of the "bonus game" it had.

That was my biggest ever win. Hardly life changing, but certainly extra freedom that week in terms of spending a little extra cash.

But if we go years back, I do actually recall when they use to have the little names scroll across the top, like in my case, "Mr.B has just won £500!". I did see once "Mrs.S has just won £100k!". Nowadays on their site some Instant Win winners have published their wins too, so people do actually win. I recall a £300k CashWord Instant Win winner on it about a year or so ago. It's just pure chance, and the odds are stinking.

They're not great odds these days of winning in them games. Years back the odds which much much better, now for most of them top prizes are 1:6m, and years back it would be 1:3m.

I've never won more than a couple of quid on the instant wins, best scratch card win I had was a grand many many years ago.

My auntie who I can't stand, never have, was jammy enough to win half a million of a scratch card.

Play the occasional 25p / 50p instant win game if I've got some funds left over. Had some big wins on those, got £2 once! :p

Years ago I noticed the actual game doesn't mean anything, only the unique code for that game session. Being young and naive I thought I'd got a free game when I lost my connection while playing and when it reconnected the game started again with different symbols revealed. Doesn't matter how many times you close without clicking finish, when you go back it will always be a loser despite the different results. :o

Spot on about the unique code thing. The same goes with online slots (online version of fruit machines). Every press of the button generates a random string and the browser software then renders the graphics to implement it as a win or a lose. The graphics are often bright and cheerful and the game has bonus rounds and sub-features to keep the player interested. The string will also hold information about the sub-features etc too, so it's all pre-determined. This goes for pretty much any form of online gambling game where you're "playing against the computer". This is as opposed to you playing against other people e.g. poker, as poker is a form of live gambling.

In other news, yes I know this thread has been necro'd about 17 times now :p

I know a guy who won the Lotto jackpot a few years back (and still to this day works nights truck driving!) so winners are out there but your more likely to be struck by lightning than win big tbh.

That said, you’ve got to be in it to win it and all that dross.

Never played online, just buy a lucky dip ticket as & when I remember.

I play a bit when ive got £40 spare. Not often though. Can be fun :)

He is mine from last night.

£40 in - £10 cashed out so lost £30. You never know when the big one will come in.

Most are £5/10 cards and it doesn't last long.
    • Date purchasedTue 21 May 2019 22:53
    • Game name£4 Million Jackpot
    • Play number841148149
    • OutcomeWon £20
    • Date purchasedTue 21 May 2019 22:51
    • Play number841146791
    • OutcomeFinished
    • Date purchasedTue 21 May 2019 22:46
    • Play number841143372
    • OutcomeFinished
    • Date purchasedTue 21 May 2019 22:43
    • Play number841140854
    • OutcomeFinished
    • Date purchasedTue 21 May 2019 22:41
    • Game name20X
    • Play number841139373
    • OutcomeFinished
    • Date purchasedTue 21 May 2019 22:38
    • Game name777 Cash
    • Play number841137005
    • OutcomeWon £20
    • Date purchasedTue 21 May 2019 22:35
    • Game name£100,000 Jackpot
    • Play number841134536
    • OutcomeFinished
    • Date purchasedTue 21 May 2019 22:30
    • Game name£300K Jewel Bingo
    • Play number841131194
    • OutcomeFinished
    • Date purchasedTue 21 May 2019 22:24
    • Game nameMONOPOLY Riches
    • Play number841127081
    • OutcomeFinished
    • Date purchasedTue 21 May 2019 22:20
    • Game name£100,000 Jackpot
    • Play number841123797
    • OutcomeFinished

On Sat 1st Dec 2018 at 12.54 I purchased a "Merry Millions" instant win from the National Lottery website, attached, and in Game 2 I thought I had a winner with the star in the top left of the game showing a £5K win so I took a screen shot of it so I could show friends but on finishing the game it said that I was not a winner this time. I wrote to Camelot and they said the £5K prize was for a mince pie. Looking at the prize icon it seems to match the star in my screenshot for £5K don't you think? Have there been other complaints like this or am I just a one off?

:( Tried to upload screenshot of potential win but doesn't seem to want to

Surely this was a troll post?

Back
Top Bottom