***** Official 2015 BBQ Thread - Sun is out, time to broil!! *****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
I did a beer can chicken yesterday. Used The Reverend James and it's given the chicken a great flavour. Looking forward to the next bit of nice weather so I can light up the barbie again.

Tea Drinker
Don
OP
No need to wait -16 Sweden

U9LP06B.jpg

Man of Honour
Definitely :)

If I'm in the house for long enough I'll be BBQing for certain. It's a shame that getting a bark is near impossible when combining sous-vide with BBQ as it'd be so nice to smoke for a bit in the evening and then stick the brisket/whatever in the SV until the following afternoon/evening and enjoy it. One disadvantage of a cheaty pellet smoker - leaving it unattended whilst you're out is a no-no :)

Man of Honour
It was pretty tasty. Ideally I'd have left the beef on the heat for a little longer but I decided to pull it out early and rest it without venting as a kind of half-way ground. It worked pretty well :)

Adding star anise to the rub once again really accentuated the meaty flavours of the beef but I'm still not sure if I find it a bit overpowering. This was about 2/3rds of a single star for the whole 3.25kg of beef but even then it was strong. Last time I used 1/2 a star for about 2.2kg and it was good so I'll probably go back to that kind of ratio next time.

Man of Honour
Cheers :) It was really good actually though the desert afterwards was better imo - the SeriousEats cream-cheese wontons recipe with home made dulche del leche. We all thought we were full to the point of physical pain by the time we were done with the brisket...then we couldn't resist the wontons :D

Man of Honour
I've made the pork and cabbage (though I added kale too) gyoza and the above wontons so far... Both awesome :) The Sichuan wontons are next on my list, though I'll probably mess with the recipe a little before making them.

Soldato
Pork tenderloin stuffed with jalapeño and cream cheese then wrapped in bacon. Basted with bbq sauce when the internal temp was 155F, removed at 165F then put under the grill/broiler for a few minutes to crisp it up. It's sooo good.

5fH4MpG.jpg

CJUq7NY.jpg

KPuBqCk.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom