• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Those waiting for the new Pascal I hope you got £1500 saved!

Associate
I see a lot of people screaming don't get 980ti as Pascal is out soon !

One no its not ! its currently in testing so release date won't be until early 2017 at the latest

And do you know the cost ? Sources pin point prices starting at £1400 !

Soldato
Picture4.png

Caporegime
Well I did a google search and ended up with this thread and some weird conversion charts. I am happy to read something though and the OP must have something to base that on or at least I would hope so.

Associate
LOL @ this thread, However i personally just grabbed a 980 ti as i think its unlikely that the 1070 / 1080 is going to outperform the 980 ti in any big way. and the 1080 ti is at least 6 months after the non ti models.

Way too much BS floating about on this subject my thoughts are my thought and past experience however what source did you get this from.

Associate
You'll eat those words on pascal release.:D

Not on release, Would put money on it. Why would Nvidia give us a card half the price of a 980ti and match the performance when they can keep flogging the 980 ti for a bit longer. My money is on the 1080 being stupidly close to 980ti performance but cooler and less power hungry. then 6 months later a 1080ti that destroys it. I think expectations on this are way above the bar tbh.

Soldato
Not on release, Would put money on it. Why would Nvidia give us a card half the price of a 980ti and match the performance when they can keep flogging the 980 ti for a bit longer. My money is on the 1080 being stupidly close to 980ti performance but cooler and less power hungry. then 6 months later a 1080ti that destroys it. I think expectations on this are way above the bar tbh.

No one knows anything? All speculation atm.

Caporegime
Had Titan X SLI for 10 months now.

As long as Nvidia continues to support SLI, and Oculus Rift runs well on them, I can't honestly see me upgrading to Pascal.

Might as well try and get my moneys worth from these.

Back
Top Bottom