• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Those waiting for the new Pascal I hope you got £1500 saved!

Soldato
googled 'pascal £1400', as you do, one lead me to some German chaps YouTube account?

Google images lead to pictures of a Chameleon?

Have I taken LSD, what's going on ?!? :confused:

Soldato
I've literally just bought a 980Ti (in fact I installed it an hour again) and couldn't be happier. Even if Pascal comes out in like 4 - 5 months time and destroys the performance of the 980Ti I'll still be happy with it until I decide to upgrade completely which likely won't be until Skylake-E is released now and by that time Nvidia will be getting ready to launch the generation AFTER Pascal.

For me a 980Ti is more than enough for 1440p gaming at the kind of quality levels that I am looking for. I rarely play FPS games (although that might change when my new gaming mouse arrives in February) and most of the time I'm playing strategy games which hardly tax a GPU most of the time.

Soldato
You should be totally fine with DX11 games, DX12 nobody knows?

Yeah I'm not that fussed about DX12 games a) because as far as I know no one has announced any (correct me if I am wrong) and b) because I rarely play AAA FPS games on the PC. I'll probably get Far Cry 4 and Battlefield 4 but that'll be it for FPS for a while.

Soldato
Yeah I'm not that fussed about DX12 games a) because as far as I know no one has announced any (correct me if I am wrong) and b) because I rarely play AAA FPS games on the PC. I'll probably get Far Cry 4 and Battlefield 4 but that'll be it for FPS for a while.

And those games are DX11. So your all good mate :)

Soldato
Why I am the only one who things that the top of the range going to be a "Titan Pascal" costing lung and kidneys? Same happened to Titan back in 2013 no?
Then the 780 came out, at similar performance and less money, which was supposed to be a cut version, and 8 months later the TX and 780Ti. Who's difference was minimal at the end of the day.

I foresee the same Nvidia strategy this turn around also.

Associate
NVIDIA Rumoured To Mass Produce Flagship Pascal GPUs With HBM2 In 1H 2016 – Availability in 2H 2016

http://wccftech.com/nvidia-flagship-pascal-gpu-2h-2016/

Alamox translation : NVIDIA Rumoured To Mass Produce Flagship Pascal GPUs With HBM2 end of Q2 2016 – Availability in Q4 2016

they wouldnt say H1 if it was in Q1, and wouldn't say H2 if it was on Q3, so dates as expected, end of the year for flagship with HBM2, nothing new

Caporegime
B-b-but Polaris is only going to be 400! for big polaris! and and it will have spinny rims! and beat two Pascals! and eat forcefield dogs!

They haven't released any pricing info afaik. I wouldn't be surprised to see "bigish" Polaris at anything up to £600.

Picture4.png

^^This x100.

Soldato
I see a lot of people screaming don't get 980ti as Pascal is out soon !

One no its not ! its currently in testing so release date won't be until early 2017 at the latest

And do you know the cost ? Sources pin point prices starting at £1400 !

News just in, man on internet pulls information out of his bottom. Are you Lisa Su or a AMD investor trying to deflect people away from there bad last quater ?

Back
Top Bottom