0-60 Apps?

Man of Honour
Without an external GPS receiver any efforts are going to be largely pointless.

Built-in GPS normally has a 1hz refresh rate meaning anything measured is likely to be a second out.

You might get better results with OBD-II data as that generally has a better refresh rate, but depends on whether speed is reported via the driven or undriven wheels.

I can use a datalog from my car at the drag strip and it's about half a second out over the quarter mile as speed is only reported by the driven wheels. Refresh rate isn't an issue there as the logging is around 200hz

Soldato
in theory within 1/10s, as that's what most them have as a refresh rate. Pretty close IMO.
If we're talking apps and phones then I think 1Hz is as good as it gets generally.

Stuff from Racelogic appears to offer 10 or 20Hz refresh rates, which tallies with what you say, though these are obviously a bit more of an investment compared to just downloading an app on your phone.

Man of Honour
If we're talking apps and phones then I think 1Hz is as good as it gets generally.

Stuff from Racelogic appears to offer 10 or 20Hz refresh rates, which tallies with what you say, though these are obviously a bit more of an investment compared to just downloading an app on your phone.

There are 10hz Bluetooth GPS recievers available for ~£70 that are supported by most timing apps on android

Back
Top Bottom