05 Focus Condensation Inside on Windscreen Problem

Soldato
Has anyone else manage to solve the problem of a lot of condensation on the inside of the windscreen in an 05 Focus? It's a problem when it freezes in the cold weather.

There's a large air vent at the back of the dashboard, and I'm guessing that's creating the problem. I've heard it could be the pollen filter that needs replacing.

Has anyone manage to fix this issue?

Thanks

Associate
I have a just replaced the Pollen filter on my 02 Focus. The scuttle panel if not sealed to the windscreen properly will allow water to get into the passenger foot well. There is a sealing strip you can buy for about £4 from ford - its a double sided sticky sealing strip. If the 05 is the same as the 02 you need to be careful when removing the scuttle panel as there are clips at the back ( along the windscreen ) that are quite fragile. I broke mine but managed to bodge them. Once the panel is off clean all the old sealant off the windscreen and panel, fit the sealant strip ( leave the protective cover on the window side of the strip )to the cover, fit the cover and then remove the protective cover a bit at a time sealing the panel to the windscreen.
I didn't managed to get the sealing strip to stick properly so im not holding out much hope of it not leaking again as the scuttle panel seems to be a little warped - £50 for a new panel !!!! It probably took me about 30mins to do it so i cant imagine a garage would cost much to do it for you. I read a lot of people dont bother with the sealing strip but use a window sealant or similar.

If it was your heater matrix your coolant would be down and your windows would more than likely steam up when you put the heater on hot, not to mention you may have water blowing out of your vents if its a bad leak.

Soldato
We're getting quite an excessive amount in our not yet 2 year old Audi A1.. will be keeping an eye on it for the next couple of weeks and if it's still bad it'll be going back to the Audi garage for the seals to be checked/replaced.

Soldato
Funnily enough I've been noticing this all week with my 52 reg Fiesta. Started to become really rather dangerous with the amount of steaming up on the rear window.

Then I discovered this morning that the bloody driver-side rear window was slightly open after the Mrs. had borrowed it for a week. Closed that and it didn't steam up anywhere nearly as bad this morning, but after I'd parked at work, shut the engine off and sat there having a vape I noticed it was steaming up again on all windows. Probably just me puffing away, though.

Soldato
No idea if the Focus suffers from the same problem as the mondeo but check the rear washer mounting. On the mondeo it's not very secure and the high level brake light can fill up with rain water very easily.

It's fun driving round a corner and watching water pour all over the back seats :/

Soldato
Fords are notorious for leaking in a variety of ways.

Our old Focus 04 plate had the pollen filter issue, which was easily sorted thanks to getting hold of the sealant strip as mentioned above.

However, our new 12 plate C-Max leaks rainwater into the drivers footwell when the car is pointing upwards on a slope. Already been into the dealers once and they sealed the A-posts in light of a TSB that was published, but that's not solved it. Going back in next week an I'll be telling them to check the windscreen is fitted correctly, and the bulkhead seal is intact.

We'll certainly never buy a Ford again, they just don't seem to be able to get on top of QA issues like this.

Back
Top Bottom