0901 3268888

Soldato
Hiya, i lost my mobile on thursday night while out on the ****! and i got my phone back late last night to check my current spend was at over 155 quid!

i phoned three up 3-4 hours after realising i lost my phone to get my sim blocked and only got it unblocked again last night, they said there was a large amount of calls made to 0901326888

during the 2 hours i lost my phone, does anyone have any idea how anyone can spend so much in such little time?

what sort of number is this?

and what can i do about getting some of this cash back?

thanks

Westie

No swearing!

Gilly

My Bad!! sorry!

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Google says:

You can see that ITV Play's number is 0901326888

WRT getting your money back, speak to your provider. If they say no then I doubt you have any recourse but to accept it and try to not lose your phone again.

Soldato
Just be thankful.
At the current maximum call charge rate of £1.50 per minute somebody could have racked up £270 over 3hrs...

I wouldn't have thought you are due any money back as it took you 3-4hrs to report the phone as lost.

Associate
I can't believe someone wanted to talk to Brian Dowling that much..

Edit, seriously though, harrangue your phon company about it, you haven't got much to lose, especially if you thrreaten to change provider should you be forced to pay.

Associate
Any contract will state you are liable for call /text / data charges incurred until you report the phone lost or stolen.

Maybe you can work out a payment plan to pay in installments but you are liable unfortunatley.

sid

sid

Soldato
Surely the networks can't expect you just have another phone handy or remember which number to call incase you've lost the phone. Especially if you loose at night then their CS tends to sleep as well.

Quite ridiculous frankly!

sid

Associate
sid said:
Surely the networks can't expect you just have another phone handy or remember which number to call incase you've lost the phone. Especially if you loose at night then their CS tends to sleep as well.

Quite ridiculous frankly!

sid

And why should the network pay the costs? Most networks if not all have 24/7 number blocking departments.

sid

sid

Soldato
Strikeforce said:
And why should the network pay the costs? Most networks if not all have 24/7 number blocking departments.

Surely the networks must pursue it with the police or whatever as fraud has taken place. I thought its the same as when you are a victim of credit card fraud. You are not liable and bank certainly doesn't pay up either.

Associate
sid said:
Surely the networks must pursue it with the police or whatever as fraud has taken place. I thought its the same as when you are a victim of credit card fraud. You are not liable and bank certainly doesn't pay up either.

No fraud has taken place, his mobile has been stolen, if he has insurance then maybe this would cover him depending on his policy, otherwise he is liable.

sid

sid

Soldato
Strikeforce said:
No fraud has taken place, his mobile has been stolen, if he has insurance then maybe this would cover him depending on his policy, otherwise he is liable.

I am not trying to argue you.

I am just making that point that it is not the owner's fault if the phone is stolen (withing reason like getting mugged) (as opposed to lost) and hence he shouldn't be liable for it.

Associate
sid said:

I am just making that point that it is not the owner's fault if the phone is stolen (withing reason like getting mugged) (as opposed to lost) and hence he shouldn't be liable for it.

I know your note argue :p, i was just saying my side, sorry if i sounded a bit sharp.

Soldato
sid said:

The problem is, it is also not the networks fault that the phone was stolen, so they shouldn't have to pay for it either. Unless the thief can be caught and prosecuted and made to pay the call charges he incurred, someone has to pay. The the T&Cs usually state the customer as liable in these cases.

Back
Top Bottom