£1 million pound for an insignificant piece of turf?

Man of Honour
I really don't think those bids are genuine.

Nobody is going to pay this much money for this ever.

flippin heck

what a load of crap. who would want a bit of mud and grass lol

Some religious artefacts are deemed to be priceless.

Also in terms of worthless things on paper being valued so high then you only have to look at art.

I couldn't tell if the bids are genuine, but I imagine there are enough affluent United supporters who would pay that much.

Soldato
On 01-Jun-11 at 18:14:51 BST, seller added the following information:
WoW... almost £1m, Please be aware that this is a genuine auction, all bids that are deemed false have, and are being reported to, and actioned by Ebay. It is unfortunate that this auction has had people bidding with the intention of disrupting the auction. It could well be the case that this auction is cancelled and restarted in a different format, if you are a genuine bidder, good luck, if you are not, please retract your bid.

be interesting to see how this ends

Soldato
I seen this earlier and couldnt believe it. I read about the person getting it in the paper and that he was going to be selling it as well. Cant believe how much it has got to if the bid is legit

I was given permisson to lift the turf by the groundsman to raise funds for my local football team.

That is going to be one rich team (IIRC it was for his sunday league team when it was in the papers)

Caporegime
So it sold at just over £6k eventually? it's a shame there weren't a few strands of Rooney's hair on it won't be able to get any in a few years. :p

Back
Top Bottom