1 Series - F20

Soldato
My partner has a new car and it's now my turn :)

I'm leaning towards a white 1 Series (F20) 118i M Sport, with the following options:

Driver Comfort Pack : Cruise, rear PDC and servotronic steering
Visibility Pack : Xenon lights, auto dimming mirror, auto wipers and high beam assist.
Interior Comfort Pack : extended light and storage
Sun Protection Pack

bmw1_4.jpg

I'm pretty close to ordering - is there anything i've missed/thoughts ?

[TW]Fox;21516892 said:
Go for a 120i instead - it's usefully more powerful. Infact it's actually a cracking engine combo really - power and economy and no diesel.

You've also missed Pro Nav. This will give you a bigger screen, hard drive for music etc as well as 3d navigation.

Pay for some paint too, white is crap.

The only engine options on the online car builder are 116, 118 and 125. The 125 would be nice but my budget won't stretch that far :/

I have TomTom on my iPhone so didn't see didn't see the point in paying £2k for an inferior Nav unit??

The M Sport colour options are pretty limited - it's either White, Black, Orange or Blue. I thought the white looked the better colour.

[TW]Fox;21517137 said:
He fails :( He's buying a 118i because it's 'only' £24500' whereas the 125i is too expensive at just £1500 more :p
With the options I listed above the 125i is nearly £29k.

Car now ordered :)
I went for Estoril blue but dropped the visibility pack, as I felt I could better spend £1.2k elsewhere.

I can't wait !!!

please tell me it was on the 125i...
I went for the 118i.
It's easy to get carried away spec'ing options but I had a budget and stuck to it.

[TW]Fox;21532979 said:
Doh, no vis pack means thsoe horrible halogen reflectors :( Vis pack is essential on cars where the non-Xenon fitted cars have reflectors.

If you must spend £27000 on a 118i at least make sure it doesnt have the same crappy lights as a Kia Picanto.
Kia's are the future ;)

[TW]Fox;21533373 said:
Yours wont look like that as you didn't spec the Satnav, so you get the little screen instead :p
That's okay, if I need size I can just fire up my iPad and launch TomTom :p

Like I said earlier, my budget couldn't go to a 125i.
Anyway, the difference is minimal and traffic lights GP's don't thrill me anymore :)

Also, taking into account all of the other comments in this thread, it's not just another £1,500 is it.

Sat Nav : £2k
Leather : £1.2k
Vis Pack : £1.2k

I guess it's easy to suggest something is a must have when it's not your money ;)

Lack of traffic light GP used as a justification for getting a 118 over a 125, yet you want RWD over FWD.
It's an extra 40 bhp - I really don't need to get to the next stop sign/red light one second quicker :)

[TW]Fox;21558615 said:
That colour is absolutely epic though, bet you are glad you didnt go for white :)
Yes, at least this thread has been useful for something - it looks amazing in that photo :)

My car should be ready early June.

The new petrol 116i and 118i engines are actually pretty good !!
They are both 1.6 litres but come with a turbo; so 136/170 bhp and 49/42 MPG.

So why didn't you go for the 116i?

Not trying to be confrontational, just trying to work out why the 116i was not chosen, given that it meets all of your criteria.
The 118 is the perfect balance between performance, economy and cost.

Nice - good to see more people going for the new 1 M-Sport :)
I've ordered my car without seeing the colour in the metal but it looks amazing on other cars.

Last edited:
I think the standard models look great. I'm yet to see an M-Sport - they look even better.

0ed0f826.jpg

P1010576.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom