1 Series sound upgrade and various other mods

Associate
Hiya.

So I'm now using the wife's 1 series as she claims she doesn't like it. So in typical Chris fashion I'm always looking to change / improve things.

So Ive already added an aftermarket apple car play unit and reversing camera which was the wife's last request before I got my hands on it. Quite a simple upgrade to do in fairness and was done in an afternoon on my day off!

Now what I'm looking for is some advice on adding some tweeters into the |A pillars, retrofit as it were. I'm guessing it should be quite simple and would possibly just require some tweeters and new door trims? Anyone done it?

Also I would quite like to retrofit front and rear parking sensors that link up with the i drive. Anyone done that as well?

And last but not least power folding mirrors??

Thanks for any tips coming my way

What model and year and body type is it ? (Hatchback) / coup?

Mine has rear parking sensors fitted on a 2010 model, not sure about front they may have the cutouts for them in the bumper and would need some sonar sensors fitted and possibly coded ? Not sure

In relation to folding mirrors again not something Iv done , you would probably need to code it (you want to check if this is something that's possible on your car ) Carley app and dongle has some coding features but I don't have carley

Last edited:
What model and year and body type is it ? (Hatchback) / coup?

Mine has rear parking sensors fitted on a 2010 model, not sure about front they may have the cutouts for them in the bumper and would need some sonar sensors fitted and possibly coded ? Not sure

In relation to folding mirrors again not something Iv done , you would probably need to code it (you want to check if this is something that's possible on your car ) Carley app and dongle has some coding features but I don't have carley
Its a 118d hatchback and a 65 plate

can't you put some co-axials speakers in if you don't have existing tweeter spaces - I got some separate Hertz dsk mid+tweeters for a 3 series, tweeters in the door panels, which are fine from an imaging perspective,
made some formers/supports from high density packing foam.
(+aftermarket HU that allows time equalization for drivers position helps too, although I think some carplay music apps can do that too)

I'd get
Gladen one 201 speakers
Focal 4.320 amp
Focal BMW 2.1 IMP harness

And some UK tweeter pods. All plug and play, doesn't break the bank and provides a very significant quality boost.

You can replace the amp with something that has built in DSP but everything escalates quite a bit in terms of pricing.

Back
Top Bottom