1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

10 bit HDR

Discussion in 'Windows & Other Software' started by Baggi0, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Baggi0

Associate

So i have just realised I have a problem with HDR.

I updated to Windows 1803 a couple of weeks ago and have only just noticed that switching to HDR put's the bit depth to 8 bit with dithering instead of 10 bit like it used to.

So my question is how can I get windows to go to 10 bit without having to change the settings in the nvida control panel every time to 422 10bit?

Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
  2. Bluecube

Wise Guy

You might want to change your text colour to white. Black on dark grey is barely legible.

3. Baggi0

Associate

I didn't even realise it was black tbh, i must have pressed something while I was typing lol

Ill change it now, thanks

4. Baggi0

Associate

Could anyone with HDR test this for me?

I have the Nvida settings on "use default colour setting" and when I toggle on HDR and go to settings>system>display>advanced display settings it says "8 bit with dithering, RGB" showing in bit depth and colour format.

It used to change to YCbCr442, 10 bit before the update.

BTW is this the right category to ask this question or should I have put it elsewhere?

5. 4K8KW10

Mobster

6. Baggi0

Associate

I have a LG B7 OLED which is as far as I'm aware a true 10 bit TV.

Is there any way to test it? I can choose 10 bit YCbCr442 and that's works but would that mean its true 10 bit?

7. Sp00n

Capodecina

It's a 10bit panel.

8. Baggi0

Associate

I thought so thanks

So i need to find a way of making Windows change to YCbCr442, 10 bit then when it switches to HDR. I've had a look through all the Windows settings and can't find anything relating to the HDR depth and colour format.