£10 extra to go from 23Meg to 40 Meg?

Caporegime
Would you? Fibre became available to me today and being that I don't pay for my broadband at the moment I'm in two minds. I get 23 Meg via DSL thanks to living less than 500m from my exchange. Fibre to me would be £10 a month but I wouldn't even double my speed. To go onto the top package would be an extra £30 a month but would also necessitate changing the two wireless adapters in my PC's. A small cost but I'm not sure I can stomach £30 a month for around 78Meg.

So, £10 a month for 40 Meg or £0 for 23 Meg?

Soldato
I would say worth it. Fibre is much more stable and consistent aswell as lower pings.

This chuck!

Lower pings will help improve performance overall but I wouldn't bother with more than the £10 package unless you do some serious downloading. Even then (I batter mine all day long) the extra cost ain't worth the little bit of time saved.

I'm on 76MB down / 17MB up - its the upload I benefit from - Look to change to a different provider (BT charge me £26pm for full fibre, sky was £30, but I think the best deal at the mo is £25 from plusnet)

Caporegime
Just pay the £10. The faster upload makes a lot of things possible that weren't before - online backup for a start.

Caporegime
OP
I do buy most of my games digitally now so it would be useful. Same with the upload. I've started recording a lot of my BF4 rounds.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Yup stuck on Interleave. There has been talk of offering Fastpath but nothing confirmed as yet so it's just talk. Also rumours that static IP's are being considered but again, nothing confirmed.

Back
Top Bottom