10 Reasons Why PS3 Will Win This Console Generation

Soldato
Kreeeee said:
But it's far, far too little, far too late. The PSP is a duffer in the grand scheme of things.

You do realise that the PSP2 is under development and one major reason for the PSP to start with was joint use with the PS3

imho two reasons why the PSP isnt a "duffer"

Soldato
Kreeeee said:
But it's far, far too little, far too late. The PSP is a duffer in the grand scheme of things.

Is it hell. I commute to work ever day, and I seriously see atleast half a dozen people in between commuting in the morning and night with them.

I'm yet to see a DS on a commute.

My brothers girlfriend has a DS, and my brother has a psp. So thats it. I've seen 1 DS. And I see PSPs in use every day, By loads of different people. Maybe it's just barnsley/sheffield that has a lot of PSP users.

Soldato
nah theres no denying theres more DS about but thats because theyre so cheap and there plenty of fun games for kids , the PSP has still had excellent sales though and is a powerful piece of kit

Associate
FrankJH said:
The fact that Sony still sold 100,000 more units than MS did in the same period (launch weekend) and Sony didnt even have the Xmas rush to assist obviously makes no difference - Your comment is fundamentally stupid

ouch , I think sony miss understood there market , im sorry if you think thats stupid but I stand by it. The supply has out weighed the demand - spin that which ever way you wish dude. They are selling a console which is twice as expensive as some of its competitors.

Sony could have dispatched 80,000 units a month or two back and sold more than MS and sold out for a month - but they took care of their customers and made sure there were ample supply just in case of Dead units etc (always bound to happen)

That is definatly one way to look at it , maybe not the way I see it but fairplay.

Apart from the fact that consoles cost less (try buying a fully speced pc for £425 with software and as easy to use), are easier to keep upto date and so far dont get affected by viruses - not to mention that consoles are usually more family orientated and attached to a biger screen (especially being hd ready and more expensive means to start with it will be in shared room rather than in a bedroom in most cases)

I think its called a mac mini. and its under 400 pounds dude.

Watching films, whether downloaded or from disc; listening to music - possibly even doanloaded trailers - all in surround sound or at least on a big screen are just as common or likely to be enjoyed in a living room or some such

again if entertainment is your thing see mac mini , I just dont think the multi media side of things is a big selling point for consoles in my opinion.

Of course the wii is very popular and I hope remains so, and Nintendo continue to innovate as (seemingly) only they know how - I do still think however that the wii is more likely to wane faster or in the long run have a smaller user base

im sure your right dude , time will tell , this 425pound price tag for a ps3 is a hard pill to swallow - fundamently its a very expensive games console regardless of the extras its got , most of which if you allready own a computer I cant see the need/want for.

Soldato
Crofter said:
again if entertainment is your thing see mac mini , I just dont think the multi media side of things is a big selling point for consoles in my opinion.
I think Sony, Microsoft and to an extent even Nintendo see things differently and they're the ones making the consoles - dude ;)

Soldato
Lets cut away all the BS from devs and the gaming press for a sec here.

The simple fact is it's a ****** Playstation and a Playstation will sell like mad at what ever price they choose and without the games library to justify it. They could stamp that logo on a steaming turd and it would still sell.

I just dont see any point to debating the console 'war' there isn't one it ended before it began. Read up on the machines make a choice (or two,... or even three) and enjoy playing the sodding games you like.

Everything else is just guff.

Soldato
RuMp3l4$k1n said:
The simple fact is it's a ****** Playstation and a Playstation will sell like mad at what ever price they choose and without the games library to justify it. They could stamp that logo on a steaming turd and it would still sell.
I think the brand goes a loooong way - at least a lot further than people on here give it credit for, but the price is definately holding back sales especially in the US.

Soldato
The difference being that sega failed miserably with marketing the Dreamcast (which no doubt was an incredible machine at the time) and more recently they have pumped out nothing much but pap.

Sony's marketing team despite many and it seems constant **** up's can put spin on anything until all that reaches joe bloggs on the street is 'the ps3 is 8 times more powerful than ..........'

I agree totally on the price issue affecting sales initially it is certainly a barrier to me atm. It could be said the xbox 1 had a similar problem when it launched, I remember we were given/refunded something like 3 new games and a controller when they quickly dropped that one in price.

As far as dreams of Sony's collapse go I think they are just that dreams.

Man of Honour
FrankJH said:
You do realise that the PSP2 is under development and one major reason for the PSP to start with was joint use with the PS3

imho two reasons why the PSP isnt a "duffer"
The dreamcast was developed after the Sega Saturn and the PS3 hasn't exactly had amazing sales.

Soldato
JUMPURS said:
Yeah the DS is selling hardware, but how many games does the average DS owner own. That is my point. It is the point the guy made about the Wii. Honestly what is the average number of Wii games a Wii owner owns?? 4? 5? think we should maybe have a poll on that.
I do like how you say the PS2 is just dumbed down versions of PS2 games, yet you mention 3 ports in your listing of games for the DS.
Oh the irony.

Funny how you mention franchises, because thats exactly what the 3 DS games i mentioned are, you wont find Castlevania DOS or POR on any other machine, they are in no way ports, FF3 is a complete 100% reworking.

Oh the irony ;) :p

Most DS owners i know have loads of games, i've got 12 compared to 5 on my PSP. Take a look on the MM and see how many kreee has got for sale as well.

Just to prove my point
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_video_games

Total Nintendo DS games sold (as of 12/31/06): 154.23 million[73]

Total PlayStation Portable games shipped (as of 2006): 47.3 million units [3]

Machine Sales...

* Nintendo DS: 38.26 million as of March 06, 2007 (Japan: 15.68, The Americas: 10.97, Other: 11.61)[5]

including Nintendo DS Lite: 17.33 million as of December 31, 2006 (Japan: 7.89, The Americas: 4.84, Other: 4.60)[5]

* PlayStation Portable: 24.70 million shipped as of December 31, 2006 (Japan: 6.23, USA: 9.58, Europe: 8.89)[8]

So your average DS owner has 4.1 games, and your average PSP owner has 1.8.

Last edited:
Associate
Joebob said:
I think Sony, Microsoft and to an extent even Nintendo see things differently and they're the ones making the consoles - dude ;)
Again fair point however I have never bought a car on the strength of its hifi lol - duuuude.

Associate
i think i have read just about enough of this crap, all consoles r good ps3 will win, ms will increase market share and wii will continue to be a fashionable gimmick, thats my opinion and it counts for jack, just like all the rest of everybody's opinion on this forum you are all wrong and all right at the same time and nobody cares, lets talk about games we play, games we are looking forward to and help each other with problems on each of our respective machines everything else is nonsense

Soldato
Needles said:
i think i have read just about enough of this crap, all consoles r good ps3 will win, ms will increase market share and wii will continue to be a fashionable gimmick, thats my opinion and it counts for jack, just like all the rest of everybody's opinion on this forum you are all wrong and all right at the same time and nobody cares, lets talk about games we play, games we are looking forward to and help each other with problems on each of our respective machines everything else is nonsense

Well life would be no fun if we all agreed on these things ;) and this forum would be a much more boring place.

Since consoles were invented there's been arguments over which ones were better, i have great memories in school about Speccy vs. C64 (speccy wins of course ;) )

Its all a bit of fun, unless you're a PS3 fanboy, then you get burned with fire :p :D

Soldato
I believe I was trying to say the same thing a few posts ago needles perhaps it got lost.
If you care to start a positive game thread i'll be more than happy to chime in there I have a slight addiction to gaming :p

But I wouldnt wanna hijack this thread.

Back
Top Bottom