100 top apps for OS X

Soldato
Nice link.

When I first considered a Mac I was worried if I would be able to get all the software tools I wanted, with Apple having a vastly smaller user-base than Windows.

I wasn't worried for long.

Soldato
i know a lot of people have been waiting for super-duper to be leopard-ready... does it make a more accurate backup than disk utility? or maybe does it just do it faster?

apart from the scheduling, i don't really get it? someone put me straight cuz i'm sure there must be more to it ;)

Soldato
i have always used super duper just because its so handy... it creates a bootable backup that you can boot from if your drive fails. Does disk utility do bootable images too or just backups?

Soldato
i have always used super duper just because its so handy... it creates a bootable backup that you can boot from if your drive fails. Does disk utility do bootable images too or just backups?
yeah they are bootable... maybe it is just that its handier... i'm havin a play at the mo with the free version and its quite nice but doesn't really do anything for me over DU... i'll give it a bit longer though and try a backup, maybe its quicker...

Soldato
Those would be great in the sticky, as a new user I relied heavily on the app list in the sticky as I was in uncharted water as soon as I hit the power button on my mini. It was invaluable in allowing me to keep up momentum making the transition from PC to Mac. I don't mind trying a few apps till I find something that I get along with but to have a list as extensive as those above to reference for the 'popular' choices makes life a lot simpler.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I would add this to the sticky, but there's no way to copy all the links :o

Good site though.

Back
Top Bottom