1060 Laptops

Associate
Evening,

I'm currently trying to find myself a suitable Laptop to replace a 1050 Ti Desktop I've been using. I've realised that I don't have a "home" for a Desktop machine within the house and I'm looking to find a suitable Laptop to replace it.

Unfortunately I've had an uncanny knack of buying Laptops that I've preserved to be the best bang for my buck, which seems to died between 2/3 years.

Firstly the GPU burnt out due to high Temp usage (Asus) - This was prior switching between Dedicated and Intel that seems to occur mainly these days.
Next the Motherboard went (Dell)
Lately I've had the Monitor go (Medion) - Can't say I really ever got on with the machine, always presumed it would be an OEM'ed MSI how wrong I was....

This has pushed me towards a retailer who's is offering a 3 year warranty on Laptops, but is generally a higher cost then normal, so I'm currently looking at an Alienware 15 R3 laptop with an Nvidia 1060 from just under the £1,400 mark.

With what I've said in mind, I'm looking for additional suggestions on machines with a decent warrant option, around the £1,400 mark with a 1060 Nvidia Graphics Card or similar.

Cheers

Last edited:
Soldato
I would be going for a 1070 or greater. You can't beat Alienware warranty, if it's on-site. You can also extend the 1 year standard warranty though Dell directly.

Last edited:
Associate
Also if you want to save some cash, pick up a refurb from Dell outlet or eBay. You will get a 1070 version for about 1400 and you can add the extra warranty through dell before it expires.

AORUS Rep
Vendor Rep
Evening,

I'm currently trying to find myself a suitable Laptop to replace a 1050 Ti Desktop I've been using. I've realised that I don't have a "home" for a Desktop machine within the house and I'm looking to find a suitable Laptop to replace it.

Unfortunately I've had an uncanny knack of buying Laptops that I've preserved to be the best bang for my buck, which seems to died between 2/3 years.

Firstly the GPU burnt out due to high Temp usage (Asus) - This was prior switching between Dedicated and Intel that seems to occur mainly these days.
Next the Motherboard went (Dell)
Lately I've had the Monitor go (Medion) - Can't say I really ever got on with the machine, always presumed it would be an OEM'ed MSI how wrong I was....

This has pushed me towards a retailer who's is offering a 3 year warranty on Laptops, but is generally a higher cost then normal, so I'm currently looking at an Alienware 15 R3 laptop with an Nvidia 1060 from just under the £1,400 mark.

With what I've said in mind, I'm looking for additional suggestions on machines with a decent warrant option, around the £1,400 mark with a 1060 Nvidia Graphics Card or similar.

Cheers

Hi Reaps00,

A couple of strong offers on Gigabyte Performance units with GTX1060. Warranty is full 2 year global, Collect and Return.

Gigabyte GTX1060 Offers:

Hope that helps, any Q's, let us know

Regards,

Gigabyte UK NB Team

Associate
OP
Thanks for your reply Atom,

The machine you've mentioned definitely has some additions over some of the machines I've been looking at, do Gigabyte offer an extended warranty at all? (I've seen some of the other provides off an additional years warranty for a fee)

Cheers

Associate
Had a 13 OLED AW. Very nice but swapped it out for a 15 7820k/1070. Blows it out of the water and got it for around the same price I paid for my 13. (1500). Dell service is absolutely fantastic also.

Back
Top Bottom