• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

1060 Launch-No Wonder Nv is King

Soldato
AMD release the RX480 Launch-Full Ref/***zero partner launch***

=====================V====================

Nvidia 1060 Launch-Full Ref/partner custom.

Full Ref/partner gpus are sitting in Nv's customers PC's right now, never mind the new customers that ditched AMD and ran to Nv because they had a better selection of gpu's!

RX480 launched weeks ago, and you still can't get a custom OC one!:o

AMD just lost a ton load of customers today imo.

(Before anyone jumps in Vulcan/DX11/12, I'll remind everyone, 95%+ of the people that purchase these cards do not have a clue)

Soldato
Maybe people should talk trash about it for 50 pages since we will never get the down low from insiders of either company.

You know, like usual.

And in every other thread.

Soldato
Nvidia don't exactly have great choice availability at launch and the pricing is a bit iffy on many of them. AMD are selling a lot of RX 480s mind, so while the partner card delays are annoying, it is nothing more than that.

I'm not sure why this deserves it's own thread.

Soldato
For christ sake not another haha Nvidia are so cool thread. They have the money to pump out tonnes of cards with bells and whistles and all that stuff. AMD don't. It really is as simple as that.
Can we end this daft thread now?

Last edited:
Soldato
For christ sake not another haha Nvidia are so cool thread. They have the money to pump out tonnes of cards with bells and whistles and all that stuff. AMD don't. It really is as simple as that.
Can we end this daft thread now?

But, but by jumping on the "winning" team I can make myself look cool and feel good about myself lol.

I only bought a 1070 as it was available and had the performance I wanted for 1440p. If AMD had had a card out I would probably have bought it, I don't like Nvidia's pricing. If big Vega is good I may swap to that. As you say all this "I am my GPU" stuff is just silly.

Soldato

Full Ref/partner gpus are sitting in Nv's customers PC's right now, never mind the new customers that ditched AMD and ran to Nv because they had a better selection of gpu's!

(Before anyone jumps in Vulcan/DX11/12, I'll remind everyone, 95%+ of the people that purchase these cards do not have a clue)

Its not like they made this mistake before:o

Soldato

You forgot no SLI and that in 6-10 months it will be still having the same performance on current tech. While AMD has proven even 5 year old cards can be used today with gains in performance. (as an example 7970, R9 290)

Hell the RX480 got a hefty boost with the last drivers, and many reviewers omit to use those but the initial ones................

Permabanned

It should never of happened, Hawaii's launch stunk, Then Grenada had a good launch because they decided to forgo the reference models and let partners release there non-reference cards from day one.
You'd of thought that would have taught them something but no, It's like they insist on shooting themselves in the foot every time they have a chance at getting the upper hand.
I swear if I had a controlling position in AMD heads would have rolled long ago. They've obviously got people in high up positions that do not have the right sort of intelligence to be there.

Caporegime
Not my king.

What do they have for truly mainstream gamers? Those who spent £150-£200? A card with either 2GB (1050) or 3GB (1060) which will struggle to play 1080p games on medium settings, and might very well (judging by specs) be worse than the £150 cards of today.

Nope, not my king. They are kings of marketing and they sure do know how to fleece those who want to be fleeced.

Enjoy your £300 4th/5th tier GPUs tho (GP106).

Associate

It sounds like you're expecting enthusiasts to be the main customers of the 480. They're not - they're volume parts for system builders, and from what gibbo is saying they're doing more than very well at that. Reference cards matter for system builders so getting them out in volume is key for AMD.

For enthusiasts you're right - the custom boards are probably more important. But is the 480/1060 level card all that popular on these boards? I'd have thought people want 1070+ performance.

Nevertheless, sales will show. nVidia releasing custom cards from the go is a sign they're targeting self-builders/upgraders with the 1060 release. If they have enough stock they'll be happy. If not, the 480 custom cards are about to come in in volume to give them a very good alternative. A card not in stock is infinitely slower than a card that is.

Caporegime
Its dead simple. all 1060s are failed 1080s and 1070s which means Nvidia has a shed load of chips available from the off. A lot of AIB 1060 cards are full 1070/1080 boards and coolers as well so they only needed a new box and badge on them to sell them as a 1060.

Whereas the 480 is AMD top card so every chip has to be a pass.

Think of the 480 the same way as Nvidia has tonnes of 1080 available two months after launch..................

Unfortunate= for AMD though as despite having the better card, people will buy a 1060 because they are available.

Associate
Its dead simple. all 1060s are failed 1080s and 1070s which means Nvidia has a shed load of chips available from the off. A lot of AIB 1060 cards are full 1070/1080 boards and coolers as well so they only needed a new box and badge on them to sell them as a 1060.

They're far too small to be 1070/80 parts.

Caporegime
And I am convinced there must be some Nvidia plants on this forum, or they have been fully brainwashed and Nvidia can do no wrong.

I saw laods of Nvidia fans massively shoot down AM|D for delivering a card which offered the same performance as cards from two years ago for the same money and now that Nvidia releases one exactly the same performance as two years ago but they have less features (no sli) and they want more money for them, suddenly its a miracle and the second coming!

I thick its appalling that many a 1060 card is more money than a 980 is and one card is only £30 less than a 980ti yet people seem to think this is amazing?

Ive even seen Nvidia fanbois claim that overclocked the 1060 is only 6% slower than a stock 980ti..................

Yet when it was said that an overclocked 480 would match a 980ti it was shot down in flames.................

Associate
look,if someone wants to buy an amd card or an NVidia card its upto them..no one else,its not your money its theirs,just because someone has an opinion you may not agree with shouldn't end up in name calling..over a video card really?????

some people get really aggressive and bitchy if their opinion isn't taken as the law..well I have news cupcakes,you are going to be really upset when you start to live in the real world.

cant we all just like what we like and not try to force opinions?

Back
Top Bottom