• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

1080ti prices. Has everyone got a screw loose?

Associate
first off, before I rant on about the 10% hike in the price on a 1080ti, it may of come to the attention already of the simple lack of these cards for sale. Last week you could pick up a 1080ti for a little under £700. Least it seems you could.

I went and bought one, or rather, pre order one, only to find out today that the expected arrival time for it was the END OF MARCH! I fished about for another one, only to see prices had hit the roof. It feels like the equivalent of OPEC are running the nvidia market. Only difference being OPEC do at least allow the odd few million barrels of oil into the market - nvidia has given up making 1080ti's!

What's bloody happening? Everyone's gone mad.

Associate
OP
You are wrong. Production is maxed out
Not saying your wrong, but how exactly do you know that?

Taking that as true, they need to expand then, pure and simple. When Samsung and their friends flood the market with ddr6, are we all going to be waiting on for gpu units to then pay through the roof prices like we are now? It doesn't paint a good picture for newcomers to the pc gaming market.

To be frank, it's gone daft. I've just built my third rig. My first was nvidia and was a flying machine for about a grand. My second was AMD and cost me £700 and change. This recent build has left me no change out of 2K! Last count was £2478

That's beyond the reach of a lot of folk, and with console prices at £400 it makes you wonder why we bother. Sure it's gonna leave a console for dead but 2K! It's just to much. (Oh and that's a z370 and a 8700k. No i9 here):rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom