• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

10900k vs 5950x overclocked for gaming

Associate
https://kingfaris.co.uk/cpu/battle

I've known Faris for a couple of years and he's always very thoughtful in his testing and just sticks to the facts. Unlike mainstream viewers, he'll also list all his timings and the performance he was getting out of the platform for testing so you can directly compare your setup vs his.

Please note all the setups here are stress tested for daily stability. Only on an AIO thus no 'high end' cooling.

Just wanted to say thanks for posting this, I checked out the other article he did on RAM latency/bandwidth. Loads of real data, very interesting. I tend to ignore conclusions and learn from the data (or try to).
It seems to impact framerates to a very significant degree, perhaps even as much as IPC. In particular it seems to affect the 1% lows. It's kind of relevant to the modern intel/amd argument as it seems that latency and bandwidth are actually incredibly important for gaming.

I'm currently still stuck on a 6700 but I bought some expensive b-die a while ago, because it seemed a good upgrade from a price performance point of view. That fact that he's showed the actual timings is very helpful.

Associate
OP
Just wanted to say thanks for posting this, I checked out the other article he did on RAM latency/bandwidth. Loads of real data, very interesting. I tend to ignore conclusions and learn from the data (or try to).
It seems to impact framerates to a very significant degree, perhaps even as much as IPC. In particular it seems to affect the 1% lows. It's kind of relevant to the modern intel/amd argument as it seems that latency and bandwidth are actually incredibly important for gaming.

I'm currently still stuck on a 6700 but I bought some expensive b-die a while ago, because it seemed a good upgrade from a price performance point of view. That fact that he's showed the actual timings is very helpful.

Timings on ram matter so much for performance. Being transparent with the data overall was a key goal. It was also an interesting experiment to see how many people actually review the data vs accept or reject the results based on how it suits their bias.

Back
Top Bottom