• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

11600K Power draw

Associate
I use CPUID HWMonitor to monitor my new PC - generally everything is OK but sometimes the power value seems to jump quite a bit. I just ran a 3dmark stress test, which shouldn't be particularly taxing on ther CPU, and the max power draw for the CPU package was 197.02Watts. Does this seem possible when the max temp for the hottest core was only 50C (50C for the CPU package) and the max vcore was 1.248 volts? Wouldn't that equate to 158amps???? Is that likely?

Many thanks

Man of Honour
That's not usually sustained, but it depends on the motherboard. You can limit the power draw in the BIOS. In regular gaming it shouldn't use anywhere near that. Those temps sound pretty low if it's drawing 200 watts.

Associate
OP
Those temps sound pretty low if it's drawing 200 watts.
that was my thought - I would expect the temp to be far higher with that power draw - I have also set PL1 and Pl2 limits in the bios - both set to 125 watts - but I always wonder whether these settings are actually working. The low temp makes me think the power figure is erroneous.

Back
Top Bottom