1200 full system, advice please

Associate
I need to build a full system inc peripherals for my nephew. Its for gaming and streaming - might need hdd as he will be recording his games which sounds space intensive. Id like to purchase soon-ish, but can wait a week or two if any new offers are on the horizon. It doesn't need to look flash - just good, sensible value. I think upgradeability is important so as future proof as possible.

As per title- max 1,200 budget all included.

Hope someone can help.

Adam

Associate
OP
That looks great, thank you. 2 quick questions. Is the SSD just reserved for windows? Also, 'grey windows', is that just via google search?

Associate
OP
Another numpty question im afraid: It will probably be connected to the home network with wifi rather than network cable. Will this require a different mboard or additional component?

Associate
OP
And....

The motherboard you mentioned is unavailable (eta 30 Aug). Is there another board available now that could be used? Or will waiting provide a big benefit? Im building for a group family birthday present for my nephew. We have all agreed we don't mind spending, say 50.00 more if we don't need to wait. Thank you. Sorry for the barrage of constant questions.

Soldato
Personally I would go with a Wired ( Ethernet ) connection for streaming and gaming , and asking many questions is all good , and as goes the Mobo I'm gonna leave that to others on here who know way more than I do :)

Man of Honour
Another numpty question im afraid: It will probably be connected to the home network with wifi rather than network cable. Will this require a different mboard or additional component?
yes you'll need a wifi card...

The motherboard you mentioned is unavailable (eta 30 Aug). Is there another board available now that could be used? Or will waiting provide a big benefit?
i'd suggest waiting i'm afraid, if you're desperate to flash your cash at ocuk. (alternatively, get the mobo from elsewhere)
if you're the one doing the building, why not shop around different etailers to get the best prices?

Associate
OP
Thank you all. I have passed purchase list to a family member. They will be purchasing today. I will be building when parts delivered so I suspect I will be following up this post with a whole bunch of build related issues! Thank you.

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom