120hz IPS gaming laptops?

Associate
Are there currently any gaming laptops that have these screens fitted? A competitor that allows you to spec your own laptop seems to state they will be available early may on their site but I was wondering if any others are currently available and would they be worth it over the 120hz TN panel?

I've recently had to return an Alienware 17 r4 due to a bunch of issues, which is a shame as it felt nice to use, if a little heavy. That had a 120hz TN screen which was lovely and smooth, just maybe not as nice to look at compared to an IPS.

Cheers

Associate
Just had a search and can only find 1080p@60Hz of 4K@60Hz for IPS panels.

Would love to see a 1080p or 1440p @120-144Hz IPS panel for a 15.6" or 17.3" laptop.

Anyone find any news links to these models, please share.

Edit: There are some notebooks featuring 120Hz PLS panels.

Associate
Are there currently any gaming laptops that have these screens fitted? A competitor that allows you to spec your own laptop seems to state they will be available early may on their site but I was wondering if any others are currently available and would they be worth it over the 120hz TN panel?

I've recently had to return an Alienware 17 r4 due to a bunch of issues, which is a shame as it felt nice to use, if a little heavy. That had a 120hz TN screen which was lovely and smooth, just maybe not as nice to look at compared to an IPS.

Cheers

Were you disappointed with it's colour reproduction?

Thats one of the reasons that made me go with the 6700/1070 with 1080p IPS.

Back
Top Bottom