125 cc service

Associate
Bought a new bike.

Needs it's first service as it was missed by the previous owner.

What sort of price am i looking at?

Seems like all that's needed is change of oil but probably have a full service anyway

Associate
OP
it has done 1800 and missed it's 600 miles service =/

It is already booked in but i forgot to ask the price and now i'm worrying im going to get stung :(

Permabanned
just do it your self. your bike probably comes with all the tools needed anyway, just buy oil and a filter and read the instruction book on chain tension

Soldato
How does someone miss the first service at 600 miles?

Its FREE FFS! You just ride up and they change the oil and plug and give it a once over and you ride away 30 mins later.

if the previous owner couldn't even be bothered to do that....... Pffffft.

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
An hours labour so 45 quid + the parts, Oil/Filter if it has one it'll only be tiny & cheap & new plugs & a check of the chain & around the bolts. Shouldn't take more than an hours labour on a bike that new so I'd say 120 quid tops.
Make sure he stamps your book.

Associate
OP
Yeah I know!

I was amazed he hadn't had it done, but to be fair he did drop the price by £100 because of it, after i mentioned it.

Yeah i think it is only a few bits that need doing but then the 2500 mile service would be coming up in about 500 miles so not sure if i should ask them to check those things early aswell?

Soldato
A regular service should'nt cost to much, think my basic service cost for my ybr 125 is £99 (all in, expect anything they find over a normal service of course) at my local place.

Caporegime
get the spanners out and do it yourself,only way your gonna learn,garages charge a fortune for simple jobs like changing the oil/brake pads/chain tension ect

pick yourself up a haynes manual for your bike and take your time to follow the giudes and youll soon pick it up

leave the hard to do jobs to the garage like tyre changing ect

Back
Top Bottom