125cc learner legal maxi bikes

Associate
Hi guys. So I'm ditching the tube for a bike as my daily travels across the city are getting boring, sweaty, smelly and expensive! I'm doing my cbt this weekend and whilst I get on with that side of things I was looking for any recommendations on a 125cc maxi bike. Mainly a maxi bike because I'm a big and tall guy and need a machine to match instead of looking like a dufus. Main points I'm considering as I'm a novice;
- 125cc must be learner legal and one I can ride after getting cbt
- big enough for a big & tall (6ft 3)guy
- economical
- budget =£1000
- preference = automatic
- ample storage space (but I can always add top box)

Last edited:
Associate
OP
The Varadero looks lovely but I should've added a budget of £1000 and a preference of automatic over manual oops! Sorry. Ps how difficult is manual on a motorbike? Like I said am a complete novice

Associate
OP
Getting on an hour on a bike if you've never tried it before, all for FREE? If you've got the willpower to get out of the house and go take advantage of this its always worth it. ALL opportunities are worth it imho. Thanks TallPaulS. I agree the budget may be out for an auto bike. I guess I'll be happy as long as the motorbike or scooter meet all my criteria met.

Associate
OP
I thought so too. But whilst it is the more practical option for my circumstances, part of me still wishes I got a "proper" bike. I definitely want to see about doing further training at some point and intend to do it on a geared bike. At the very least, I don't like the idea of being limited to an auto further down the line.

Definitely second this. Doing the harder option and taking my CBT on manual. Will take the instructors advice too as I only intend to ever keep an automatic bike, but would like the manual licence there should I ever need it or change my mind.

Btw do you think a novice like me would find it somewhat easy to adapt to a maxi scooter especially in the streets of London?

Associate
OP
Just so you all know. Completed the CBT last Sunday gone (absolutely enjoyed riding and I now understand the thrill and delight and perhaps obsession of it!) Also ended up purchasing a 2007 Piaggio X8 125 with 7000m on the clock. Delighted

Back
Top Bottom