12700KF ddr5 no boot issue

Associate
Hi Guys,

I was just wandering if anyone else has come across this issue and if there is anything I could try?

no display, no mobo beep and all fans spin at high speed

The issue started after noticing the time and date was incorrect in the bios so I updated it and saved. When pc restarted I got the above issue

I’ve carried out the following Troubleshooting steps to try and fix the issue;

Cmos jumper reset, cmos battery removed, cmos mercury reset
Mobo Speaker plugged in
Gpu removed and tested
Ram removed and tested
Removed M.2 drives
Tested different psu
Plugged cpu fans into mobo instead of Corsair manual setup
motherboard sent to ocuk for RMA and has come back as all working

I’ve dropped my specs below;

I7 12700KF
ASUS Z690 Prime-P
Kingston fury beast 16gb 5200mhz
2070 super msi gaming x
Corsair h100i
Factual design meshify 2 compact
2x Samsung m.2 nvme

Cheers in advance I’m currently scratching my head on this issue

Rob

Soldato
Have you built the system outside of the case, using just the CPU RAM and graphics card? Don't plug anything else in, that includes USB devices keyboard/mouse etc.

Also only install one RAM module, and try each of them in the slot indicated in the manual for the board.

Associate
OP
I haven't built it out of the case as i'm not sure how to power the system up without the button :D, but I've tested the following components are all good by building my old system back in;

GPU
PSU
Both M.2 drives
mobo speaker
Case connecters

Unfortunately I've only got one DDR5 ram module but the fans spin up fast with just the CPU installed and no GPU or RAM.

Soldato
i'm not sure how to power the system up without the button :D

Short the PS_ON header on the Front Panel, usually with a flat head screw driver.

Unfortunately I've only got one DDR5 ram module but the fans spin up fast with just the CPU installed and no GPU or RAM.

Maybe the board has a fault where it won't boot with one module. Have you tried it in all 4 slots? :eek:

Associate
OP
I'll try building it out of the case and see if it kicks it in.

It was running before the time and date change in the bios which is what's thrown me, but i've only tried it in 2 of the four slots, I'll give it a go.

Soldato
Sounds to me like its corrupted and you need to reset the cmos. I find that some boards are really stubborn when it comes to a reset and I have had to resort to the jumper AND taking the battery out and leaving it out for 24 hours with of course absolutely no power to the system.

Soldato
yeh reset the board

Sure? I had a Gigabyte that this happened to and in the end I threw it in a draw without a battery. A year later I tried again hey presto the darn thing burst in to life as if nothing had ever happened. Free PC! I mean it does sound like a corrupt cmos. Or perhaps the BIOS is corrupt?

Back
Top Bottom