• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

12900k / z690: tech lust!

Associate
Hi all, anyone gearing up to get hold of the new 12900k and z690 chipset / gddr5 ram?

Looks very enticing. I’m sort of itchy as I recently just finished compiling all my bits for an 11900k / z590 build… Finally ready to start building but now I’ve got a mild case of techlust for the new kit…!

Given I do a build probably once every 5 years or more, am starting to have envious glances at the new kit. Should’ve probably researched future components and release dates a bit more, but flip side is I started compiling the parts 3-4 months ago and thought I’d have built the 11900k system much earlier than now.

Interesting specs on the 12900k vs 11900k though. But wow the projected cost of it (and the new kit to run it in terms of mobo and ram) would probably put a significant dent into the best part of 1.5-2k. So won’t think about that, as that way madness lies….!

Anyone gearing up for 12900k? Or not convinced yet by Intel? Ryzen is obviously still probably best bang for buck so will be interesting to see how that rivalry develops.

Back
Top Bottom