• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

13.10 Beta Driver Performance - 7950 Crossfire 925/1250 & 1125/1600

Yeah I have had a look via google but nothing seems to fix it for me, hence me wondering if it could be driver related.

No worries :)

I've had that message once or twice before when starting sleeping dogs. It turned out it didnt like the afterburner and fraps overlay running at the same time. Exiting one or the other before starting the game fixed it for me. Probably wont help you but still.

I've had that message once or twice before when starting sleeping dogs. It turned out it didnt like the afterburner and fraps overlay running at the same time. Exiting one or the other before starting the game fixed it for me. Probably wont help you but still.

^^
People who get black screen whilst loading, same issue. Turn off one of your OSD thingys normally sorts the problems. I only have the issue when running both Fraps/DXtory and MSI AB at the same time.

Ah, you legend.

It was having RivaTuner running alongside afterburner.

Thanks once again :)

Failed to start game (app already running)

It may be a coincidence but since this driver a few games won't load.

Have the same problems with this driver and my 7990. Trying a redownload and a amd clenaup util run, hope this clears it up.

Most of my steam games started to crash after installing this driver...hoping it is just a bad install.

Ah crap i meant to post that youtube video in the Battlefield 4 vram thread. Honestly!! I was not trying to bump my own benchmark thread even though everyone probably thinks i am. Grrrr.

As a sorry to everyone i will provide some crossfire scaling results i took earlier from four games with consistent in game benchmarks.

[email protected]
7950's @1125/1575
1440p

My memory clock is 25mhz lower as i had some memory error correction kicking in at 1600mhz.

Tomb Raider - Ultimate + TressFX
Sleeping Dogs Extreme
Hitman Ultra x4AA
Dirt Showdown Ultra+Global Lighting+x8AA

Tomb Raider 98.9% scaling

Single card
mhW7o1R.jpg

Dual card
BhycTbP.jpg

Sleeping Dogs 99% scaling

Single card
LdGJNO6.jpg

Dual card
fWO3LzB.jpg

Hitman Absolution 94.8% scaling

Single card
a4vmq78.jpg

Dual card
uB5lq7i.jpg

Dirt Showdown 94.4% scaling

Single card
inYrI3S.jpg

Dual card
5Fxf9sO.jpg

New to CF

Hey i know im a bit late but hopefully somebody still checks this thread :D

A couple of days ago i got a second 7950 for CF, heres my spec;

FX 8350 4.8Ghz
7950 HIS Iceq boost x2 1125/1500
8gb ddr3 1600
Asus sabertooth 990fx R2
Shimian 1440p monitor
W7

And to be honest i feel like ive wasted 200GBP, i was hoping to have minimums of 60fps in most games maxed out, give or take some AA etc.

Im using the latest 13.11 beta drivers.

My Firestrike score on the free version was 10200
My 3Dmark11 score is 14100P with a graphics score of 20000 roughly, so i thought awesome the cards are working great. right?

so i boot up BF3 and go on operation firestorm 64 player, completely maxed and my fps still goes down to 45 in some areas, so i moved msaa down to x2 and i still get the exact same drops down to 45fps. Same result when i also put HBAO to SSAO. ;(

I went on FFXIV which i also have completely maxed out and the performance over the single 7950 was unnoticeable ( not so much of a problem for an MMO) but still :(

I go on tomb raider and i can definitely see the difference, but once again some areas put me down to 48fps (is that normal for my setup) I looked at your benchmarks and did some of my own and with the exact same settings i got Min:62 Avg:80 Max:104 which made me a lot happier, although i prefer ssaax2 on so i got rid of Tressfx and put shadows 1 below ultra and the bench came to; Min:66 Avg:80 Max:97. Sounds right.

Next i did the Valley benchmark on extreme HD and got a score of 3200 and a Min:27 Max:130 which wasn't as good as yours.

Batman arkham origins runs really well almost maxed 4xmsaa but seems to get gpu usage spikes a lot which lowers it for a second or so which can be really annoying.

Hitman absolution benchmark also almost maxed out gives me Min:48 Avg:62 Max:78 once again not up to your standard ;D

My main concern is that the whole reason this thread started was about drivers. But i am unable to download the 13.10 drivers now and you guys seem to get the smoothest performance with them. Should i be getting all the same features in the 13.11 beta drivers because on Hitman i have to have vsync off due to stutter, but when im below roughly 75fps which is often, i also get bad stutter which puts me off. Some missions are far worse then others.

TDLR: Is this a normal situation for my set-up? thanks

Back
Top Bottom