140-180CM desk for under £100

Soldato
Soldato
Another vote for worktop. Got mine from a local builders merchants for a similar price to the link above. Got them to cut it but they did it slightly too long so I cut it down with a jigsaw very easily. Need to find a use for the other half now..

M6oKTmP.jpg

It's resting on batons on all 3 sides. Not attached to them as it's heavy enough not to move at all. Just got to cut a slight hole for wires and because it moves I can just slide it out to fit plugs behind rather than need a plug sized hole :)

Soldato
Exactly the sort of thing.

I previously had one with batons on 3 sides that was a shade over 2m long, didnt flex and was rock solid.

If no side walls then baton along the back and use legs. Screw it in to the baton (for aesthetics you go up through the baton into the desk) to stop it escaping/falling.

Hole saw and then one of these for each hole.. on long desk I suggest on central and one at each end, but you will figure it out.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/METAL-OUTLET-GROMMET-INSERT-Brushed/dp/B00E9V7E6E/ref=sr_1_3?

When we moved I redid the desk using real oak kitchen worktop, even nicer! (but over your budget)

Soldato
I've just gone the worktop route myself in my "new" office.

3m long worktop, was originally 900deep so I cut it to about 750 deep.
batten along the back wall and one side.
going to fit a leg at the other end once carpet has been fitted.
I then used a couple of 45 degree "legs" in the middle to help support the weight.

I've had a lot of desks over the last 15 years and this is by far my favourite.

Back
Top Bottom