£1400+ build check/advice

Associate
Hi,

I've been asked to put a build together for a friend, max £1500 budget ideally closer to £1400.

There'll be no desire to overclock anything. I'm mainly questioning if this is the best RAM choice.
I won't have a another CPU for the board so wondering if there's a chance it may need a bios update to support this CPU (is this still commonly a thing?).

Any advice on cheaper alternatives or if this looks good is much appreciated, thanks.

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £1,463.48 (includes shipping: £14.70)​

Associate
Some other options. Mobo x570 for £20 more, with wifi 6 and option on additional pcie4 nvme. Crucial ballistix 3600c16 and £10 cheaper. Cooler you have is great, this is just another option for same price. Again slightly more powerful psu with 10yrs warranty, but not really necessary. Where does the internal DVD writer go in the case? Wouldn't you need an external one?

BB CODE
My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £376.06 (includes shipping: £11.10)

Soldato
Also just pick up a windows 10 key instead of using a physical key and disk. Will save a good few pounds. You can legally download windows 10 from microsoft.

The Crucial ram (above) is much better than the kingston and cheaper so its a new brainer.

Also the msi psu is a bargain and being modular is a real help.

Either cooler will easily cool the 5600x and fit in the case as it has goos cooler clearence.

You will need an extranal dvd drive at about £30 instead of the internal unless your going to change the case.

Also maybe 1 or 2 more fans for the case.

Associate
OP
Thanks both, good advice!.

I didn't even notice the case didn't have a drive compartment... how times have changed. I'll try convince him that an external drive (or no drive) is probably the better choice.

Back
Top Bottom