1440p Monitor with height restriction

Associate
"Recommend me a monitor" with an added complication:

I have a ladder desk which has 50cm clearance between the desk surface and the first shelf. Currently I have an old Dell 2001FP sat on it which is a terrific monitor and still going strong but it's about time I moved on.

I'm looking for a 1440p monitor. Preferably 27", certainly not under 25". Not ultrawide. There's a width restriction too but I think any 27" 16:9 will fit.

I've been eyeing up g-sync since I plan on upgrading my gpu in the next 12 months and the likelyhood is I'll go for nvidia since the lower power draw saves me getting a new PSU as well. (currently have a radeon 7950). It's not essential though

However it needs to fit in 50cm clearance and it can't be wall mounted, so it needs to have a low stand (or adjustable height to a very low position).

Any thoughts?

Budget is around the £500 mark for a g-sync monitor, £350 for a regular one. Flexible, but not massively.

Last edited:
Soldato
I would be surprised if you find a 27" that can't go below 50cm tall. The panel itself is ~33cm tall. Even allowing for a 2cm bezel all around, that'd be an elevation of 13cm above the desk, which is relatively high.

For comparison, I have a 24" @ 1200p monitor which is about the same vertical dimensions as a 27 @ 1440p, and it stands roughly 50cm at full extension, dropping down to around 42.

But the WxDxH specs should tell you - they'll be listing the maximums :)

Associate
OP
Do stands, as a rule allow you to drop down to 0 height? I'm seeing a lot of monitors that list height without base at around 33cm, but height with base up in the 55-60cm region. I've seen one monitor total that listed min and max height. It'd be nice if they all did that.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Back
Top Bottom