1440p with resolution scaling

Associate
Hi guys,

Has anyone had experience with jumping to a 1440p monitor for productivity reasons etc but using resolution scaling options to keep the FPS high in some games?

For example, I play BFV at 120ish average FPS at the moment, a swap to 1440p will likely lower it substantially with my current gfx card. Running a 75% resolution scale should in theory keep performance similar, but what are the quality / latency implications of using that type of scaling in modern games?

Any experience would be useful.

Soldato
Hi guys,

Has anyone had experience with jumping to a 1440p monitor for productivity reasons etc but using resolution scaling options to keep the FPS high in some games?

For example, I play BFV at 120ish average FPS at the moment, a swap to 1440p will likely lower it substantially with my current gfx card. Running a 75% resolution scale should in theory keep performance similar, but what are the quality / latency implications of using that type of scaling in modern games?

Which GPU are you using? NVIDIA's DLSS is quite good from what I've heard :)

It also depends what time of game you're playing. On a fast-paced you're less likely to notice a quality difference, simply because you're concentrating on all the action rather than scenery in a slow-paced game.

I would always advise to try it and decide for yourself :)

Soldato
Hi guys,

I play Borderlands 3 at 75% scaling to get a decent framerate with my 1070 at 3440x1440, looks great.

Some games look OK with scaling some don't I've found, dependant on how much you scale back of course.

Back
Top Bottom